MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts (2.0.4) & MentionMe (3.2.4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Having an issue with these two plugins, or more specifically MentionMe not working properly with MyAlerts. All other MyAlerts alerts actually come through. MentionMe alerts do not come through as they should. You can @name and find it in the pop down list and tag them BUT no alert that such has been done.

Anyone else with this issue? 

Running 1.8.15!
Hi,

Have you checked PHP error logs to see if there are any related errors? That would be a starting point.
Do you mean through the cPanel for my site or through the ACP?
Generally the PHP error log is viewable through FTP.
(2018-07-01, 01:19 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Generally the PHP error log is viewable through FTP.

I am unfortunately unable to find the PHP error log in both my cPanel or through my FTP client (FileZilla). I have a regular 'error logs' but nothing is in there pertaining to this issue.
I've had this same issue all year and nothing seems to fix it. I finally updated from Mybb version 1.8.15 today to 1.8.19 and updated all plugins. MentionMe is now version 3.2.7. MyAlerts is on 2.0.4 and apparently that's the most recent version.

The only error in my error log which might be relevant (I can't tell for sure but I don't think it is) is this:
<error>
	<dateline>1521154791</dateline>
	<script></script>
	<line>0</line>
	<type>20</type>
	<friendly_type>MyBB SQL Error</friendly_type>
	<message>SQL Error: 2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query: SELECT title,template FROM mybb_templates WHERE title IN ('' ,'member_register' ,'member_register_hiddencaptcha' ,'member_register_coppa' ,'member_register_agreement_coppa' ,'member_register_agreement' ,'member_register_customfield' ,'member_register_requiredfields' ,'member_profile_findthreads' ,'member_loggedin_notice' ,'member_profile_away' ,'member_register_regimage' ,'member_register_regimage_recaptcha' ,'member_register_regimage_recaptcha_invisible' ,'member_register_regimage_nocaptcha' ,'post_captcha_hidden' ,'post_captcha' ,'post_captcha_recaptcha' ,'member_register_referrer' ,'member_profile_email' ,'member_profile_offline' ,'member_profile_reputation' ,'member_profile_warn' ,'member_profile_warninglevel' ,'member_profile_customfields_field' ,'member_profile_customfields' ,'member_profile_adminoptions' ,'member_profile' ,'member_profile_signature' ,'member_profile_avatar' ,'member_profile_groupimage' ,'member_profile_referrals' ,'member_profile_website' ,'member_profile_reputation_vote' ,'member_activate' ,'member_lostpw' ,'member_register_additionalfields' ,'member_profile_modoptions_manageuser' ,'member_profile_modoptions_editprofile' ,'member_profile_modoptions_banuser' ,'member_profile_modoptions_viewnotes' ,'member_profile_modoptions_editnotes' ,'member_profile_modoptions_purgespammer' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_select_option' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_multiselect' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_select' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_textarea' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_radio' ,'member_viewnotes' ,'member_register_question' ,'member_register_question_refresh' ,'usercp_options_timezone' ,'usercp_options_timezone_option' ,'usercp_options_language_option' ,'member_profile_customfields_field_multi_item' ,'member_profile_customfields_field_multi' ,'member_profile_contact_fields_aim' ,'member_profile_contact_fields_google' ,'member_profile_contact_fields_icq' ,'member_profile_contact_fields_skype' ,'member_profile_contact_fields_yahoo' ,'member_profile_pm' ,'member_profile_contact_details' ,'member_profile_banned_remaining' ,'member_profile_addremove' ,'member_emailuser_guest' ,'member_register_day' ,'usercp_options_tppselect_option' ,'postbit_warninglevel_formatted' ,'member_profile_userstar' ,'member_profile_findposts' ,'usercp_options_tppselect' ,'usercp_options_pppselect' ,'member_resetpassword' ,'member_login' ,'member_profile_online' ,'usercp_options_pppselect_option' ,'postbit_reputation_formatted' ,'member_emailuser' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_text' ,'member_profile_modoptions_ipaddress' ,'member_profile_modoptions' ,'member_profile_banned' ,'member_register_language' ,'member_resendactivation' ,'usercp_profile_profilefields_checkbox' ,'member_register_password' ,'member_coppa_form' ,'mentionme_popup' ,'accountswitcher_header_userbit' ,'accountswitcher_header_dropdown_userbit' ,'accountswitcher_header' ,'accountswitcher_header_dropdown' ,'accountswitcher_header_accountlist' ,'accountswitcher_newpm_messagebit' ,'accountswitcher_newpm_message' ,'accountswitcher_footer' ,'accountswitcher_post_userbit' ,'accountswitcher_post' ,'accountswitcher_sec_accountsbit' ,'accountswitcher_shared_accountsbit' ,'accountswitcher_sidebar_userbit' ,'accountswitcher_sidebar' ,'accountswitcher_avatar' ,'accountswitcher_profile_switch' ,'accountswitcher_profile_link' ,'accountswitcher_profile' ,'myalerts_headericon' ,'myalerts_modal' ,'myalerts_popup_row' ,'myalerts_alert_row_no_alerts' ,'myalerts_js_popup' ,'thankyoulike_member_profile' ,'headerinclude' ,'header' ,'footer' ,'gobutton' ,'htmldoctype' ,'header_welcomeblock_member' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_user' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_moderator' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_admin' ,'error' ,'global_pending_joinrequests' ,'global_awaiting_activation' ,'nav' ,'nav_sep' ,'nav_bit' ,'nav_sep_active' ,'nav_bit_active' ,'footer_languageselect' ,'footer_themeselect' ,'global_unreadreports' ,'footer_contactus' ,'global_boardclosed_warning' ,'global_bannedwarning' ,'error_inline' ,'error_nopermission_loggedin' ,'error_nopermission' ,'global_pm_alert' ,'header_menu_search' ,'header_menu_portal' ,'redirect' ,'footer_languageselect_option' ,'video_dailymotion_embed' ,'video_facebook_embed' ,'video_liveleak_embed' ,'video_metacafe_embed' ,'video_myspacetv_embed' ,'video_veoh_embed' ,'video_vimeo_embed' ,'video_yahoo_embed' ,'video_youtube_embed' ,'debug_summary' ,'smilieinsert_row' ,'smilieinsert_row_empty' ,'smilieinsert' ,'smilieinsert_getmore' ,'smilieinsert_smilie' ,'global_board_offline_modal' ,'footer_themeselector' ,'task_image' ,'usercp_themeselector_option' ,'php_warnings' ,'mycode_code' ,'mycode_email' ,'mycode_img' ,'mycode_php' ,'mycode_quote_post' ,'mycode_size_int' ,'mycode_url' ,'global_no_permission_modal' ,'global_boardclosed_reason' ,'nav_dropdown' ,'global_remote_avatar_notice' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_pms' ,'header_welcomeblock_member_search' ,'header_welcomeblock_guest' ,'header_menu_calendar' ,'header_menu_memberlist' ,'global_dst_detection' ,'header_quicksearch' ,'smilie') AND sid IN ('-2','-1','2') ORDER BY sid ASC</message>
</error>
I was really hoping something in the updates would fix the issue but it seems not  Sad
I'm sorry you are having issues.

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but if you make me a test account, I will check it out this evening some time.

(I don't need an admin account, just a regular user account. Feel free to PM me the details...)
Thanks to help from both Wildcard and Serpius I'm no longer having this issue!

It was a MyAlerts permissions problem in the end where for some reason Admin accounts did not have permission to change alert settings - the "Alert Types" menu option was missing from Configuration in the ACP. Details of how to fix this were given to me here ^^
I am using MyAlerts along with DVZ Mentions and it is working fine. If someone tags user by @username then the other user receives alert. All other alerts are also working BUT system doesn't send any email notification. Is this how it is supposed to work or is there a setting to enable email notification?