MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ads on free version of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am looking for a forum to start a website. So far, I have narrowed it to MyBB & PhpBB.

I have 2 questions;

1. Can I use Ads  in free MyBB?

2. Is it easier for technically challenged person like me to install and build the forum?

Thank You!
1. Yes. Also, there no paid version of MyBB

2. It is not hard to run MyBB. But there are a few things you might need help. Ask on this forum if you are in doubt.
(2018-07-04, 02:03 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes. Also, there no paid version of MyBB

2.  It is not hard to run MyBB. But there are a few things you might need help. Ask on this forum if you are in doubt.

Thank you for clarifiying my doubts @meetdilip ..

I will definitely seek community's help when needed.
While you can absolutely run ads on MyBB... Until you really get a lot of good content you shouldn't have any ads. Truth is people don't like ads and you're more likely to turn them away if they see all kinds of ads on a site before there's even much content. It tells them that the staff is only in this for money (which is the wrong reason to run a forum really as making money off them is pretty tough).
(2018-07-04, 02:05 PM)ShriNidhi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-04, 02:03 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes. Also, there no paid version of MyBB

2.  It is not hard to run MyBB. But there are a few things you might need help. Ask on this forum if you are in doubt.

Thank you for clarifiying my doubts @meetdilip ..

I will definitely seek community's help when needed.

Yea, you can. I did it for my website. Look at the Discord ad on the right side of this screenshot.

[Image: c84f40c4432c989d9225b92641095e67.png]