MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1064 Upgrading from 1.8.12 to 1.8.16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to upgrade using the full upgrade package from 1.8.12 to 1.8.16. Here's the error I'm receiving:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2
Query:
UPDATE mybb_settings SET `value`='' WHERE name IN ('captchapublickey', 'captchaprivatekey'

I disabled all my plugins before I started.
Getting the same error when updating from 1.8.15 to 1.8.16:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

Query:
UPDATE mybb_settings SET value='' WHERE name IN ('captchapublickey', 'captchaprivatekey'
There is a missing parenthesis issue. Please fix the upgrade43.php file manually following this PR and then run upgrade.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3298/files

Replace line 34 of upgrade43.php with the following:

$db->update_query('settings', array('value' => ''), 'name IN (\'captchapublickey\', \'captchaprivatekey\')'); // Clean out stored credential keys
Worked for me. Thanks a lot!
Same problem me too (1.8.15 to 1.8.16), but nobody controls the releases anymore?
Before every update you have to pray that everything is fine.
Its easy to raise finger.
Before release there was an open invitation for testing. We didn't see you then. We hardly have seen anyone...

We are providing support. May be a hot fix also be released.
No need to make it an issue.

The solution of the problem is provided. We better stop this thread here before it goes to different direction.
At this stage it looks like we will be releasing a hot fix. This issue only happens if you had reCaptcha enabled in the settings (not the new noCaptcha, only the old reCAPTCHA that wasn't working properly in 1.8.15 due to the service being turned off).
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3312

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group