MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login Authorization code mismatch. (fixed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe you’ve misinterpreted what I mean. Using Diff Report will highlight exactly what’s missing from the template. No CSS included. Adding in what’s missing (as shown in the Diff Checker) or even reverting the template would of rectified the issue. I don’t believe an admin needs to be able code in order to copy and paste the highlighted missing code.
(2018-07-05, 11:05 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t believe this required a notification for developers as it instructs you about template changes here. We can lead you to the page but we cannot force you to read information. If you read point 3 in “Beginning the Upgrade” you wouldn’t of had such an issue. I will look back over the portal page when upgrading and see what adjustments are needed.

Thanks for the report.

With heavier themes such as NetPen comparing difs isn't going to work as they are soo changed a diff report will pick up nearly every file.
Just try it on a theme like NetPen or BootBB which I just did and 50+ changed files came up.

If there is a critical change in how the current theme and templating system works like this with how logins are handled in the template etc that needs to be notified and addressed with along with the change notes.

You can't have a blanket statement of compare difs and then expect critical forum changing changes to be found when heavily modified themes use 50+ changed files from the default theme.

and as for your point in question

Quote:If the blog post announcement mentions that there are theme changes, then perform the following:
  1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

2. You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you’ve made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what’s changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

Note if the blog post mentioned theme changes, this change or requirement in the login wasn't mentioned.

The only thing mentioned was:
Quote:If you use the login_attempt_check() function, note that its signature has changed.

If you go to that github post it is about the 'loginlockoutexpiry' code not the member login code.

Plus nowhere in the blog or that github page mentions this changed line I mentioned above.

<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

So my post still stands it should have been QA mentioned.
Actually, refer to the line Check Release Notes for a list of changes to language files, templates and unresolved issues.. Clicking on the link would of shown the changed templates.
(2018-07-05, 11:34 AM)drguild Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-05, 11:05 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t believe this required a notification for developers as it instructs you about template changes here. We can lead you to the page but we cannot force you to read information. If you read point 3 in “Beginning the Upgrade” you wouldn’t of had such an issue. I will look back over the portal page when upgrading and see what adjustments are needed.

Thanks for the report.

With heavier themes such as NetPen comparing difs isn't going to work as they are soo changed a diff report will pick up nearly every file.
Just try it on a theme like NetPen or BootBB which I just did and 50+ changed files came up.

If there is a critical change in how the current theme and templating system works like this with how logins are handled in the template etc that needs to be notified and addressed with along with the change notes.

You can't have a blanket statement of compare difs and then expect critical forum changing changes to be found when heavily modified themes use 50+ changed files from the default theme.

and as for your point in question

Quote:If the blog post announcement mentions that there are theme changes, then perform the following:
  1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

2. You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you’ve made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what’s changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

Note if the blog post mentioned theme changes, this change or requirement in the login wasn't mentioned.

The only thing mentioned was:
Quote:If you use the login_attempt_check() function, note that its signature has changed.

If you go to that github post it is about the 'loginlockoutexpiry' code not the member login code.

Plus nowhere in the blog or that github page mentions this changed line I mentioned above.

<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

So my post still stands it should have been QA mentioned.

Yes, you are correct in your statement in the first part of your previous post. NetPen, BootBB and a host of other heavily modified themes will show a TON of changed files that it would be a nightmare for even for a good coder like @drguild to take apart and fix the issues.

In the second part of your previous post, yes, I saw the same thing, but I didn't want to comment on it because that is above my "pay grade".
(2018-07-05, 11:39 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, refer to the line Check Release Notes for a list of changes to language files, templates and unresolved issues.. Clicking on the link would of shown the changed templates.

Are you really going down this path to defend yourself? really.

A change which is likely to affect nearly or in this case 'EVERY' custom theme should be highlighted so people can notice it and not hidden somewhere in a list of changed templates etc.
Also that list doesn't show you what has changed in those template and other files since last version unless you compare the diffs yourself somehow.
And yes I read that list before updating.

Really, just really .... you expect the majority of users to go through this every update with every single file to find and compare changes that could be a critical forum breaking thing that will affect the majority of mybb users?

You may be a developer or someone that finds no issue with comparing every diff to find core changes on every single update, but think of end users especially ones like Serpius.

Most users want to know what's critical with changes highlighted in the release notes and can fix it without having to go compare files and figure things out themselves.
I also have the same problem, I use a slightly modified theme based on the default theme.
It's incredible that there are always problems with every update!
(2018-07-05, 12:41 PM)MaFeSa Wrote: [ -> ]I also have the same problem, I use a slightly modified theme based on the default theme.
It's incredible that there are always problems with every update!

It's one of those things that should have been CAUGHT before the release.

I hope that there will be a fix for this soon!
Just read a changelog for v1.8.16 first, if you use a custom theme you have to check new additions etc.
Pages: 1 2