MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to merge Threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

How to merge the threads in bulk.

I want to merge more than two thread at atime. How should i do this.
samsunghere Wrote:hello,

How to merge the threads in bulk.

I want to merge more than two thread at atime. How should i do this.

Just keep checking (selecting) the Post: #xx box in each thread and then perform the merge action from the Moderation Options at the bottom.
well, I want to merge more than two thread into one, not the posts.

Did you get me?
samsunghere Wrote:well, I want to merge more than two thread into one, not the posts.

Did you get me?

You can merge as many as you like. Please check this first:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Moder...Moderation

And give me an example of what you want to do.

Regards
2 ways:

First way
1) View one of the threads you want to merge
2) Go to the bottom under "Moderation Options" and select "Merge Threads"
3) Enter the URL of another thread you want to merge
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all threads are merged

Second way (only works if all the threads are in the same forum)
1) In the Admin CP Moderator Toolbox, create a new Thread action. The only action that should be activated is "Merge threads"
2) In the forum where all the threads are located, select them all with inline thread moderation
3) At the bottom of the forum under Inline Thread Moderation, select your new custom thread action you created in step 1. (this action may be quite slow if you are merging a lot of threads)
I advise SECOND WAY. I also wonder why a merge tool isn't available by default in mybb. It's a pain in the butt to create one for all my boards. Merge is an important function that's often used so why not have the tool ready?
You can merge 2 threads by using DennisTT's first method. I've never had to merge more than one thread though, and neither have many people so it shouldn't be default.
The method which merges threads in the "second way" I described isn't very efficient code-wise, which is why it hasn't been included as default.