MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken thread list in forum display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently I am running a fresh install of MyBB 1.8.16. This error has been happening ever since I installed 1.8.15 and upgraded to 1.8.16, and even after removing everything and installing 1.8.16 without an upgrade.

Currently when any looks at a forum thread list, they see this broken mess:
[Image: 2018-07-05_21-12-28.png]

I have tried multiple different themes, tried to fix it with css and changing the template, but cant seem to find any way to fix this issue.

URL to the website is here

Also if this is important to this issue I also looked at my Dev console to see this error:
Uncaught TypeError: e.action.indexOf is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.e (onloadwff.js:58)
      e	@ onloadwff.js:58
*Im 98% sure this is just my lastpass extension*

If this information is also important to fixing this issue:

Linux Disto: Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS
Nginx Version: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
PHP Version: PHP 7.2.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (fpm-fcgi) (built: Jul  3 2018 15:16:52)
MariaDB Version: mariadb  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.29-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
MySQL Version: mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.29-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

And if you want the nginx config for the server, you look at this:
server {
  listen 80;
  server_name forum.kaydax.xyz;

include snippets/letsencrypt.conf;
  return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}

server {
  listen 443 ssl http2;
  server_name forum.kaydax.xyz;
  root /var/www/kaydax.xyz/subdomains/forums;

ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/forum.kaydax.xyz/fullchain.pem;
  ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/forum.kaydax.xyz/privkey.pem;
  ssl_trusted_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/forum.kaydax.xyz/chain.pem;
  include snippets/ssl.conf;

location / {
    index index.php;
  }

location /admin {
    auth_basic "Administrator Login";
    auth_basic_user_file /var/www/kaydax.xyz/subdomains/forums/admin/.htpasswd;
  }

location /inc/config.php {
    deny all;
  }

location /inc {
    deny all;
  }

location ~ /\. {
    deny  all;
  }

include snippets/php.conf;
}
Try reverting "forumdisplay_thread_rating" template to original.
Also, revert the "star_ratings.css" to default.
(2018-07-06, 04:45 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Try reverting "forumdisplay_thread_rating" template to original.
Also, revert the "star_ratings.css" to default.

Both of those are already original as this is a clean install of mybb without any tweaks
If you see your star_ratings.css as well as thread_status.css are not loading. That is breaking your legend icons as well.
Make sure those css files are available and properly associated.

[Image: Untitled_1.png]
(2018-07-06, 08:15 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]If you see your star_ratings.css as well as thread_status.css are not loading. That is breaking your legend icons as well.
Make sure those css files are available and properly associated.

[Image: 2018-07-06_04-48-18.png]
They seem to be here and seem to be able to be accessed fine.
Your includes:

Should be (mine, 1.8.16):
Then how would I fix this issue. This is a clean install after all and I don't know why it is like this

(2018-07-06, 09:02 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Your includes:

Should be (mine, 1.8.16):

I don't understand why it isn't being linked onto the page, as it says that it is:
[Image: 2018-07-06_05-13-47.png]
I have just fresh installed the latest 1.8.16 package and I can't reproduce this issue. Everything is fine at my end.
Since there is absolutely no data available in your site you can try reinstalling MyBB. It seems something at your end.

If that was a live active board I'd have tried investigating inside your ACP, but in this case it doesn't worth.
(2018-07-06, 09:21 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I have just fresh installed the latest 1.8.16 package and I can't reproduce this issue. Everything is fine at my end.
Since there is absolutely no data available in your site you can try reinstalling MyBB. It seems something at your end.

If that was a live active board I'd have tried investigating inside your ACP, but in this case it doesn't worth.

I reinstalled mybb about 3 times already, installing 1.8.15, installing 1.8.15 and upgrading to 1.8.16, and even installing 1.8.16 without an upgrade and this problem persisted throughout. Could it be my nginx configuration, or could it be the folder permissions for the files. It would be really helpful if you could help me out because there isn't any other good forum software and I need to get this site up so I can get my users onto it.
You can do some temporary fix:
Open your 'forumdisplay' template and add the following just before </head>

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="https://forum.kaydax.xyz/cache/themes/theme1/star_ratings.css" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="https://forum.kaydax.xyz/cache/themes/theme1/thread_status.css" />

Open your 'showthread', 'usercp' & 'search' templates and add the following just before </head> in every templates

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="https://forum.kaydax.xyz/cache/themes/theme1/thread_status.css" />

Ofcourse this is a very nasty fix but this should solve your problem for now.
Also, mind it, if there is really an issue remain and you change your theme you have to do the above to new theme as well.
Pages: 1 2