MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick hopefully easy question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick hopefully easy question

Hi all, love MyBB.
Its everything I need for a site Im making.

Q:If I want the forums to be the "front page" (index) of the site..
do I just upload to the base directory instead of a "mybb" directory ?
or is there another way?
I dont want to intergrate it into a page, I want mybb "as the page"

Ive allready uploaded and have it working in the Mybb directory, just goes to show how easy Mybb is to install ( if I can do it ).

Ive searched but couldnt find an answer.
Cheers
Why did you delete your last thread? I answered your question only to have it deleted.. So here it is again:

If index.php is in the root then it will act as the index and no other 'front page' will be seen.
So basically, just upload the contents of /Upload to your root directory, then install.

Also, about the calendar thing..
By default, guests can create public events. This can be checked by going here:
Admin CP --> Users and Groups --> Manage Groups --> Unregistered / Not Logged In *Click Go* --> Scroll to Permissions: Calendar
Thank you very much,
sry about the delete (wow!! your fast)

I remembered that alot of posts I found during searching for an answer were in another forum, and didnt want to post in the wrong forum, So I deleted it to go check........wasnt expecting such a fast reply.
Not to worry. I managed to dig through my cache and get my post again so I didn't have to re-write it. Smile
In future, if you want your thread moved just click the report button and a moderator will move it for you.

Thanks for the compliment. =]