MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin/Task modification to remove invisible mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
i'd like to see a modification to "dailycleanup.php" (either as an edit or by plugin if others think it should be customizable through ACP) that regularly resets "invisible mode" for all users (or all but exempt groups like admins) to "off". That way, users can be invisible for a while if they need to, but not make it a permanent mode.
Probably would be better suited as a task. dailycleanup.php would do it daily though... How often was you thinking?
True, a task is much simpler. On the other hand, a plugin could allow admin settings etc. If there'd be demand for such a thing. (afaik the ability to use invisible mode will become a user group right in 1.9 ?)

I would even say it'd be an addition to an existing task and not standalone. The frequency is not important, that can be set in the task settings anyway.
Can't see anything about invisibility becoming a user group feature in 1.9*. Can you link me to where you saw that?

As for a plugin, it would basically be a plugin file with the setting and a task which sets the invisibility to off for all users at x amount of time.
--> https://community.mybb.com/thread-217188.html it has been suggested

Can you give me a hint how to add it into an existing task (.php ) ?
Ah I see. It hasn’t been pushed to GitHub as an enhancement though so it’s not currently planned for any release. It’s technically not even accepted yet.

As for the code, will have to wait until I get home and I’ll write it for you. If you want it to be done globally you’ll basically have to do a SQL Update which will say something like UPDATE Table SET columnname = 0 Where Columnname = 1
Ya, that's how i have been handling it so far, manually and sporadically in phpmyadmin.

Sorry about the confusion. I just saw that thread the other day when I was searching for "invisible mode" in order to avoid opening a redundant thread. and didn't really remember the details.