MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.16 release is a disaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Perfeeeect !! I really like you !! Thanks for help and your time !   Big Grin  Heart

I test it now, and it works.
Could one of you assure me if it's possible to wait until 1.8.17 before upgrading from 1.8.15? Thanks.
(2018-07-10, 11:50 PM)rfssjz Wrote: [ -> ]Could one of you assure me if it's possible to wait until 1.8.17 before upgrading from 1.8.15? Thanks.

That’s fine, and something I’d recommend doing at this point in time.
Sounds good, then. I just don't want a broken forum yet again. I understand that point-by-point upgrades are recommended, but from what I'm seeing, I'm rather leery. I did a bold jump from 1.6.18 to 1.8.13 last year, and that was a lot of work to maintain.
I just wanted to give some positive feedback - I'm not a programmer but have used MyBB for a live forum with thousands of users for the past 3 years - and for the most part it works really well. I was a little surprised by the login issue of 1.8.16 and thought I had made a mistake in the process - but easily found this forum and the posted solutions, and was able to apply the fixes within half an hour or so.

So thank you to the developers and testers - for making MyBB available, and also for the community for providing solutions and support. All very much appreciated here! Thanks.
MyBB v1.8.17 covered all these issues, v1.8.18 is on the way. Can be closed
Pages: 1 2 3 4