MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Small review of InfinityFree hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It happens to suck.

They have false positives when it comes to detecting bitcoin/coin faucets and my forum has been suspended for such reason when I have no such sections or content that was ever even posted.

This is the second time and it's a hassle, I was in the middle of customizing my theme.

Do not use unless your site to be suspended weekly for false reasons and "MySQL overloads".
MySQL overloads can, and do happen. It's a part of managing a system. I get them all the time, on a server I own outright. But you must remember, that if you cut costs and use shared hosting, you're going to be at the mercy of arbitrary limitations set by the host.
(2018-07-07, 05:05 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]MySQL overloads can, and do happen. It's a part of managing a system. I get them all the time, on a server I own outright. But you must remember, that if you cut costs and use shared hosting, you're going to be at the mercy of arbitrary limitations set by the host.

This is more focused on their false positives.
(2018-07-07, 11:51 AM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07, 05:05 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]MySQL overloads can, and do happen. It's a part of managing a system. I get them all the time, on a server I own outright. But you must remember, that if you cut costs and use shared hosting, you're going to be at the mercy of arbitrary limitations set by the host.

This is more focused on their false positives.

My response was general advice.
Honestly with shared let alone free hosting forums can be a nightmare depending on the host. Back in 2004 a shared host suspended my account for having 25 active users online. I learned years ago to go with a VPS. Generally it's less headache when it comes to limitations set by the host. Managing a VPS isn't hard with all the tutorials on the internet.
As you wrote that you were using bitcoin/coin faucets, did you confirm with your hosts if they allow such scripts ? (faucets don't take too much memory but I don't know if your host allows that.)
(2018-07-09, 04:18 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]As you wrote that you were using bitcoin/coin faucets, did you confirm with your hosts if they allow such scripts ? (faucets don't take too much memory but I don't know if your host allows that.)

No, I wasn't using faucets. I was being suspended for using faucets. I had no idea what bitcoin/coin faucets were until I got suspended and had to Google search it. I had called them out on the false accusation and was reactivated.
(2018-07-09, 04:19 AM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-09, 04:18 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]As you wrote that you were using bitcoin/coin faucets, did you confirm with your hosts if they allow such scripts ? (faucets don't take too much memory but I don't know if your host allows that.)

No, I wasn't using faucets. I was being suspended for using faucets. I had no idea what bitcoin/coin faucets were until I got suspended and had to Google search it. I had called them out on the false accusation and was reactivated.
That's a wrong thing to do in that case, most of the hosting companies don't do that and they usually send an email that your account is temporary disabled etc.
(2018-07-10, 12:43 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-09, 02:41 AM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07, 05:02 AM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]It happens to suck.

They have false positives when it comes to detecting bitcoin/coin faucets and my forum has been suspended for such reason when I have no such sections or content that was ever even posted.

This is the second time and it's a hassle, I was in the middle of customizing my theme.

Do not use unless your site to be suspended weekly for false reasons and "MySQL overloads".

(2018-07-08, 08:43 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07, 05:02 AM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]It happens to suck.

You get what you paid for. 

Honestly, I think there is a lot more to this story than you are telling us.
Don't be critical of a hosting company if the content of your website had violated their Terms of Service (ToS).

Whining about it itsn't going to bring the website back.

You need to deal with it and move on.

If you find another hosting company, read up on their ToS and other documentation on what content is allowed on websites.

@Serpius , do you have proof, that he violated their TOS, or not ?

Re-read what I said... I said... "if the content of your website had violated their Terms of Service (ToS)". The key word is 'IF'.

Coming to MyBB.com and whining about isn't going to solve his/her issues.
That's between the hosting company and the client.
Users of MyBB.com shouldn't get involved unless it's directly related to MyBB software or the forum databases.

I do not know what hosting company he/she is using.

Regardless, any web designer who is using a hosting company should ALWAYS read the ToS. Period.
If your website gets pulled because of some violation and the client didn't bother to read the ToS, then the onus is on the client.

I've had issues with my hosting company, but I don't bring them to MyBB.com.
I resolve it directly with the hosting company. It's not rocket science. Rolleyes

You'd be shocked how much this happens. WHT is full of it all day, everyday.

leetforums have you started looking for a provider that doesn't suck?
I think OP's point was that the issue should not have been one in the first place. Suspending for alleged TOS violations that actually hadn't happened is something that shouldn't happen. Not even in cheap providers. If that happens too regularly, it is not for naught to warn others of such a provider., I think.

That being said: that "you're a cancer" thing should actually be worth a suspension here.
Pages: 1 2