MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i upload new update 1.8.16 in my FTP hosting
Bud my account admin not recognize

install/upgrade.php

user admin and pass
Error
The username you have entered appears to be invalid.

http://i66.tinypic.com/6egluc.jpg

Error Message:
The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.
Just read the error message:

The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.
(2018-07-07, 08:45 AM)softall Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i upload new update 1.8.16 in my FTP hosting
Bud my account admin not recognize

install/upgrade.php

user admin and pass
Error

http://i66.tinypic.com/6egluc.jpg

Error Message:

Do you have access to your website files through FTP or the cPanel?

If so, that would be an easy way to either remove that directory (preferred) or create an empty file called 'lock'. You can use either Notepad or Wordpad to create that file.

Report back if you have issues.
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
(2018-07-07, 02:16 PM)softall Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

You to properly upload ALL files and folders BEFORE you start the upgrade process.

If you miss any files/folders, the Upgrade will NOT work.
(2018-07-07, 02:25 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
Error Message:

You to properly upload ALL files and folders BEFORE you start the upgrade process.

any solution ?
(2018-07-07, 02:36 PM)softall Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07, 02:25 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
Error Message:

any solution ?

Upload all files and folders into your website. Yes, do this procedure again.

Then try the Installation. If you do it correctly, the Installation will automatically start the upgrade process.
install/upgrade.php

not recognize admin account

Error
(2018-07-07, 04:27 PM)softall Wrote: [ -> ]install/upgrade.php

not recognize admin account

Error

Did you upload all of the files and folders?

You are doing something wrong, but it's hard to tell from those short answers you are giving us.
I upload all in FTP hosting
Pages: 1 2