MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forum is running slow, then again sometimes it runs fine. Why is the forum running slow at times?

My forum is on a dedicated virtual server...what am i doing wrong?
Fix and optimize your SQL files from your server panel
how do i do that?
Also, try reading what other people have written on this same issue. This one, for example:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=18983

In many cases, it is a hosting / server load issue, and Mybb has nothing to do with it. It also depends on the structure of your forum. If you are using too many plugins or images in your forum then that could make any forum run extremely slow. Is your forum hosted on a free server?
no, i pay for it. Its on a virtual server, so like my own private server...

The addy is:
http://www.ff12-europe.com/forums

By the time the link is visited, it may be running fine, but it does it now-and-then...
tlionhart Wrote:no, i pay for it. Its on a virtual server, so like my own private server...

Please try this first:

- Go to Admin CP and find the Database Tools menu on the left (located at the bottom left frame).
- Click Optimize Database
- Select All, then Press the Optimize Database Tables

If you don't see any difference in speed, please send me your url in a pm (if you don't want to put it here)

Regards
optimizing only occassionaly works.

the url is:
www.ff12-europe.com/forums
tlionhart Wrote:optimizing only occassionaly works.

Could you please provide a list of the plugins you are using?

However, having checked your site, I think that could be related to the version of mybb you are using or most probably a server-related problem. It is slow as you said.
im not using any plug-ins

I have sent an email to my host, but im sure it may not be my server as its private
Here's some info on virtual servers for you. Other people CAN effect your performance if they use a lot of resources (i.e. way more than they're supposed to).

The best thing you can do is contact your host about it and see what they say.