MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments issue....cannot view existing, nor upload new ones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just migrated from IcyBoards to another MyBB installation. I've worked through most other issues (users not able to log in, posts not showing, etc...) but now cannot view existing attachments from the past several years.

I uploaded all attachments to my forum's Uploads folder (with the correct subfolders).
When I try to select one of those images, I receive the following message: The specified attachment does not exist.

When I try to upload a new attachment to see if the above is an old/new issue, I receive the following:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.
I'm trying to upload multiple types of files (JPG, PNG, DOC), but get the same error message.
Can you check that the /uploads directory is CHMOD 777?
yes, the permissions were set to 777, but that was actually not the issue. I found it....

In Home » Board Settings » Server and Optimization Options » Uploads path. I changed it from what was there (no idea where it came from) to where the uploads actually are.
(2018-07-11, 12:18 AM)shortcutkid Wrote: [ -> ]yes, the permissions were set to 777, but that was actually not the issue. I found it....

In Home » Board Settings » Server and Optimization Options » Uploads path. I changed it from what was there (no idea where it came from) to where the uploads actually are.

Our structure is very different than a typical install. The same will apply to avatars, check the path for those as well.
(2018-07-12, 11:45 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-11, 12:18 AM)shortcutkid Wrote: [ -> ]yes, the permissions were set to 777, but that was actually not the issue. I found it....

Our structure is very different than a typical install. The same will apply to avatars, check the path for those as well.

Oh. I'm finding that out. Smile Yea, I changed the Avatar one too...
I am getting an error in the Toolos&Maintenance page:
2 of the required files and directories do not have proper CHMOD settings. Please change the CHMOD settings to the ones specified with the file below. For more information on CHMODing, see the MyBB Docs.

Of course, both the File Uploads Directory and Avatar Uploads Directory are what is listed:

File Uploads Directory - uploads - Not Writable - Please CHMOD to 777.
Avatar Uploads Directory - uploads/avatars - Not Writable - Please CHMOD to 777.

but both have 777 as the listed level of permissions (right-click from CPanel File Manager)

Uploads and avatars seem to be working, though.....