MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging MyBB 1.8.11 forum with 1.8.16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I have my old database for a MyBB version 1.8.11 forum and I am attempting to merge it with a new installation on a different database of version 1.8.16. Whenever I get to merging "users," I am presented with the following error:

"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'"

This happens as soon as I start importing users. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
drop the column aim in field list, probably added because of a plugin.
Do NOT upgrade to 1.8.16, wait for 1.8.17.
AIM has been removed from MyBB (it was there by default) as it’s been discontinued.
Ah okay, good to know. How do I go about removing it? Is there something I can do in myphpadmin or something?
Try the following, you will need to alter “mybb_” to suit your prefix (writing this via iPhone so apologies for miistakes):

ALTER TABLE mybb_users DROP aim;
I just put the code you gave as a Query in phpMyAdmin, is that right? Gave that a go, not sure if it worked though. I went through the database tables in phpMyAdmin and can't find anything related to AIM. I looked in the users table and there's stuff like Yahoo, Skype etc. but no AIM (which makes me think the command did remove it). I seem to still get the same error when I run the merge though. I'm rather new to most of this stuff so I may be doing something incorrectly.
It's only just caught my attention, why are you using the Merge system instead of the Upgrade system? If you're wanting to actually merge the two databases together, then upgrade your database to the latest version of MyBB and then use the Merge system.
I had tried to upgrade but I never seem to get that option when I navigate to the /install/ directory. It will only perform a fresh install that wipes all of my old posts and threads from my database. I'm trying to restore a myBB .sql backup which I have imported into a database. I'm not sure how to upgrade it since the only option I get is to just install myBB on the database which seems to overwrite everything. The documentation on restoring a database backup seems to only be for version 1.6.

Oh, just got it all to work! Edited the config.php file and changed the database name in there to the one I was using for the backup, then ran the upgrade. Thanks so much for your help everyone!
The original issue is a confirmed issue in the merge system when targeting 1.8.16+: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/issues/210
Pages: 1 2