MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showing unread message count for DVZ shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I moved a DVZ shoutbox into a separate page, now in header template is it possible to include a number of unread messages from dvz shoutbox?
(2018-07-11, 04:53 PM)codedude Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I moved a DVZ shoutbox into a separate page, now in header template is it possible to include a number of unread messages from dvz shoutbox?

I doubt this.

Why?

Because UNread messages are usually specific to an user, not the whole forum.

However, I do have the Alerts setup where if someone does mention me (like this: @Serpius), then I would get an alert telling me that someone in the Chat mentioned my name.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?
Well, the reason was to have more members going to shoutbox if the number shows or at least just an alert that someone posted a new message like <a href="shoutbox.php">Chatbox (NEW)</a>
(2018-07-11, 05:15 PM)codedude Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the reason was to have more members going to shoutbox if the number shows or at least just an alert that someone posted a new message like <a href="shoutbox.php">Chatbox (NEW)</a>

Yea, I know what you mean, but I am not aware of this kind of feature for chat programs.

There may be one out there that I am not aware of.

We shall see...
(2018-07-11, 05:47 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-11, 05:15 PM)codedude Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the reason was to have more members going to shoutbox if the number shows or at least just an alert that someone posted a new message like <a href="shoutbox.php">Chatbox (NEW)</a>

Yea, I know what you mean, but I am not aware of this kind of feature for chat programs.

There may be one out there that I am not aware of.

We shall see...

Let's hope someone has a clue
Bumping thread
bump.
Bumping again
bump.
bumperinho. PS: The chat for Xenforo 2 has this option, I think we can have this too :c
Pages: 1 2