MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Fix or New Plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have attempted to install and run this plugin, RSS Feed Poster, however, I have been unable to get this plugin to work right.

I did try contacting the author, but he seems to have abandoned the program.

The responses that I did get from the author were "you need to pay me to fix this plugin". What??
That doesn't make sense for a free plugin that he created. Other users have chimed in the thread (here in MyBB.com) and basically said the same thing that I said.

Anyways, is there a way that you can fix and install this RSS Feed Poster for my website?

Oh yea, I have NO idea what this means, this plugin "Requires any of the following fopen, curl, fsockopen".

Can anyone do this for me?

I like to know how much would you charge me to get this RSS Feeder going on my website.

UPDATE:

I did a test using the functions_test.php and I got this result.

[Image: bb820a7dcd6e674131e888b46037ca55.png]
So, that answers the question regarding of my hosting company has one of the 3 required functions - FOpen, CURL, or FSockOpen
Even after you open those, I think I remember trying to use this plugin a few months back. It just doesn't work.
(2018-07-11, 08:44 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Even after you open those, I think I remember trying to use this plugin a few months back. It just doesn't work.

At least you confirmed that it wasn't me that messed things up with that plugin.

Hopefully, there is someone out there that can meet this request.

I really would love to have RSS Feed (for certain topics) for my website.
Strange. It works like it should on my board.

What I don't like, though, is that it always creates new threads and cannot be configured to post into the same thread.
(2018-07-12, 10:40 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. It works like it should on my board.

What I don't like, though, is that it always creates new threads and cannot be configured to post into the same thread.

Yea, someone brought up the same issue in a different thread.

I want the RSS feed plugin to be configured for both threads and posts.

Still waiting for someone to help out.