MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pls, Help! Restored Site is Not Displaying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I urgently need help. I backed up my former forum by downloading straight from cpanel. Now it's not displaying through the new Cpanel hosting I bought. Check it: http://yorubaunity.org

Also, how can I auto delete bots' and spammers thousands post from my send forum: http://cppower.org
The message clearly states you have issues establishing connection with your database.
Make sure the database credentials (hostname, username, password, database name) are correct and if required edit the credentials to correct in 'inc/config.php' and reupload.
If the problem still persists, contact your host.

For second issue, you can always ban an IP or range of IPs to visit to your site.
ACP > Configuration > Banning
(2018-07-13, 10:39 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]For second issue, you can always ban an IP or range of IPs to visit to your site.

Can't you modify the .htaccess file to include single IPs and a range of IPs?

Like what I have done with my .htaccess file? (NOTE: the list in the .htaccess is not exhaustive, just a partial list)

#this list includes network data on the following countries:
#GHANA
<Limit GET POST>
order allow,deny
deny from 41.57.116.0/22
deny from 41.57.192.0/18
deny from 41.66.192.0/18
deny from 41.74.80.0/20
deny from 41.75.48.0/20
deny from 41.76.24.0/21
deny from 41.77.64.0/21
deny from 41.78.40.0/22
deny from 41.78.124.0/22
deny from 41.78.144.0/22
deny from 41.79.96.0/22
(2018-07-13, 10:39 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The message clearly states you have issues establishing connection with your database.
Make sure the database credentials (hostname, username, password, database name) are correct and if required edit the credentials to correct in 'inc/config.php' and reupload.
If the problem still persists, contact your host.

For second issue, you can always ban an IP or range of IPs to visit to your site.

Thanks so much. I'll try that.
@serpius we can do many things as a webmaster.
But as a reply to MyBB support thread we should obey the options covered in MyBB

Hope you understand.
(2018-07-13, 02:09 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]@serpius we can do many things as a webmaster.
But as a reply to MyBB support thread we should obey the options covered in MyBB

Hope you understand.

I do understand, but the .htaccess file has been discussed quite a bit on MyBB.

If my memory serves me correctly, doesn't the initial full installation of the MyBB folder include the htaccess and htaccess-ngix file for the Admins to modify to their liking?
(2018-07-13, 02:09 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]@serpius we can do many things as a webmaster.

Hope you understand.

I believe you should be presenting more than one option. In this case, IP Banning at a software level and in .htaccess. There’s even Cloudflare where you can block whole countries if you want to go down that path, as I have.
(2018-07-13, 10:31 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Hope you understand.

I believe you should be presenting more than one option. In this case, IP Banning at a software level and in .htaccess. There’s even Cloudflare where you can block whole countries if you want to go down that path, as I have.

In Cloudflare, too?

Hmm... I need to look into that more.

UPDATE: Yep, Cloudflare has the Firewall Access Rules option. I've put in a few countries. Let's see if that works.
(2018-07-14, 02:18 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-13, 10:31 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Hope you understand.

In Cloudflare, too?

Hmm... I need to look into that more.

UPDATE: Yep, Cloudflare has the Firewall Access Rules option. I've put in a few countries. Let's see if that works.

Yep. Cloudflare gives a graphical easy to use firewall.