MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Require admin approval to register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to require admin approval for guests to register, but I can't find the way to do this. Right now anyone can register, but I don't want that.
(2018-07-14, 08:57 PM)DavidS111 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to require admin approval for guests to register, but I can't find the way to do this. Right now anyone can register, but I don't want that.

Go to your AdminCP panel and do this.

[Image: 4LEAKvG.png?1]
Thank you for your complete screenshot. I didn't realize that all those interesting options were listed in the drop-down. I wish there were a complete index of all MyBB features.

Oops! It didn't work. I registered as a new user. This caused me as Admin to receive a notice to approve. But I didn't do anything to approve. Next, I logged in as the new user and gave the board password. I was connected and could read postings!

I want new users not to be able to read or write postings until the Admin approves.
(2018-07-14, 10:15 PM)DavidS111 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your complete screenshot. I didn't realize that all those interesting options were listed in the drop-down. I wish there were a complete index of all MyBB features.

Oops! It didn't work. I registered as a new user. This caused me as Admin to receive a notice to approve. But I didn't do anything to approve. Next, I logged in as the new user and gave the board password. I was connected and could read postings!

I want new users not to be able to read or write postings until the Admin approves.

Go back to the same page and follow the screenshot. (Notice: I have my website setup differently from yours, that is why you see it on No)

[Image: 47e9f97e4a00e697bf607dfe2e7377ce.png]
It already says Yes.

I found the solution. I edited the Group "Awaiting Approval" to restrict the abilities to access the forum.