MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to reset password from database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been locked out of my forum because I am not able to reset my admin account password. I have tried numerious of ways.

Reset through mail - didn't work, I got the initial mail with reset link, clicked it, didn't get another e-mail with generated password.

Reset my password directly through DB with command:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 

It successfully updated the query, but when I tried to log in, it failed and I checked the DB generated completely another password for some reason.

I also tried this query (probably the same as above):
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = MD5('test'), `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 

The same thing happened.

How do I gain access back? Any help is appreciated!
This has actually happened to me a few times. Best way is to create a new user, use the database to set the usergroup of that new user to 4 (administrator group), login to ACP with new account, reset your main account password.
(2018-07-15, 06:37 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]This has actually happened to me a few times. Best way is to create a new user, use the database to set the usergroup of that new user to 4 (administrator group), login to ACP with new account, reset your main account password.

I just tried this and I can't. I get an error:
Quote:You do not have permission to edit this user because you are not a super administrator.
..inc/config.php add the new user's UID to $config['super_admins']. For example:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,3,10';
(2018-07-15, 06:47 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]..inc/config.php add the new user's UID to $config['super_admins']. For example:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,3,10';

Ok, that worked. Thanks for the help. Maybe pinging some of the devs who work on MyBB can take a look at why the automatic password reset is happening.