MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Failed Upgrade. Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
upgrade process is just spinning on the same page. not running on the next (page) process
[show page error 524 cloudflare]

is there any other solution?
because in all my websites that use MyBB happens like this

(2018-07-17, 09:24 AM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]upgrade process is just spinning on the same page. not running on the next (page) process

My neck hurts from trying to see the video. Angry

Tilting my head all the way to the right is not good for watching videos. Rolleyes
Confused If your server does not send a response during that time, the connection is closed and an error page 524 appears.

maybe you must contact with you hosting or wait for an answer from development mybb forum
(2018-07-17, 11:45 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-17, 09:24 AM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]upgrade process is just spinning on the same page. not running on the next (page) process

My neck hurts from trying to see the video.   Angry

Tilting my head all the way to the right is not good for watching videos.  Rolleyes

sorry, this is my fault position mobile camera Big Grin

(2018-07-17, 01:45 PM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]Confused  If your server does not send a response during that time, the connection is closed and an error page 524 appears.

maybe you must contact with you hosting or wait for an answer from development mybb forum

I have contacted the server. but there are no obstacles in the server. I just wait for mybb team to reply to this thread Sad
What version are you trying to upgrade from? Have you used the full package or the changed files one? This looks like an issue either with your host or with CloudFlare, but the server might not respond if you have used the changed files package whilst starting from 2 minor point versions below the current one, for example.
@Shade
version 1.8.15.

I use the full package. which makes oddities, now without running the upgrade process, mybb is in the latest version.  Huh

Huh[attachment=40627]
(2018-07-18, 02:38 PM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]@Shade
version 1.8.15.

I use the full package. which makes oddities, now without running the upgrade process, mybb is in the latest version.  Huh

Huh

That means you are using the latest verision of MyBB. It's pretty clear to me.
@Serpius
yes. and this looks unusual to me. weird
(2018-07-18, 04:32 PM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]@Serpius
yes. and this looks unusual to me. weird

I have this feeling that the issue is between your website and Cloudflare.

Maybe contact Cloudflare support and see what they say?
Since the MyBB version is saved within the cache - which is one of the last thing the upgrade system applies - you should have ran the script just fine. The fact that you encountered a 524 issue should not have affected the process if the version has been updated; however, keep an eye on odd behaviors in the future. I’d also advise you to rebuild the entire cache (Tools & Maintenance > Cache > Rebuild all) given the version is the first item upgraded in the long list of cache items and no one knows what happened after its execution.
Pages: 1 2