MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP - Live Demo] Colore - Responsive Table-less MyBB Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I've recently been working on a new theme named "Colore" with the idea of being a clean modern design. The theme features a card style layout, using a very simple grid system and has plenty of features to play around with. 

Lots of customisations, including integrated plugins such as DVZ Stream. Posting a few screenshots, I will add more later including mobile view however you can view the WIP theme live here. Live Demo

[Image: OovZOYf.png]
[Image: fYy7zpw.png]

Would love to hear your guys feedback/thoughts, more screenshots soon.
Font seems to be <10pt. I'm not a design expert by any means, but I find it hard to read fonts so small.
You can use some material design framework to use cards more efficiently. Good luck with theme.
(2018-07-18, 02:20 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Font seems to be <10pt. I'm not a design expert by any means, but I find it hard to read fonts so small.

Yea, I hate small fonts myself.

Why strain your eyes if you don't need to?

Minimum size should be around 14pt, depending on the theme.

This Colore theme can be done at 14pt font size and still be looking good.

He may have to widen the containers a bit to accommodate the larger font size, but it stilll would look good to me.
(2018-07-18, 08:18 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]He may have to widen the containers a bit to accommodate the larger font size, but it stilll would look good to me.

If you make the fonts larger, it's also better for touch interfaces. Which is ideal; this is a responsive theme, after all.
Thanks for the input guys! I’m currently going back and revising the font sizes, and read-ability of the theme. I previously lowered the root size, I guess that was a wrong move.

As for including material design just for cards seems a little offset? The card design is already there and working, is there a reason you feel I should change them? I will not be using/implementing a css framework with this theme, however if there is something specific you think I need to revise, I will take a look.
Maybe because the whole theme is a tone too bright with all those colour variants. A material design framework might be able to keep it in check.
(2018-07-19, 01:47 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe because the whole theme is a tone too bright with all those colour variants. A material design framework might be able to keep it in check.

Thanks for the suggestion, however I fail to see how including a material design framework would do anything for me in terms of Colors/tone? I'm not making a Material Design theme for one. The only thing, at this stage adding a framework would do is change the markup & grid system... You're supposed to overwrite the styling of a framework, and thus would essential look the same whether it uses material design or not.

As for it being too bright, are you referring to the text, being too hard to read? Or are you not fond of the colourful bar at the top of each card? I feel anything at this stage can be fixed without adding a full CSS framework, especially when it's on the the design you're referring to - which has nothing to do with frameworks.

For the record.. The markup for the Card is as simple as it gets..
<col>
<div class="card">
..Content
</div>
</col>

As I say, it would be really helpful if you could give me a proper response as to why you think I need to revise the cards, and why you think I should look at/add material design framework, other than the cards just look better.
I was talking about the colourful bar. I took it as material colour palette.
Looks real nice on my phone. Good job. Hoping to see this finished up soon.
Pages: 1 2