MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error adding or editing groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function array_column() in /.../admin/modules/user/groups.php on line 977

Actual path from root replaced by ...

I'm running 1.8.14 with PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on FreeBSD 8.1.  I'm trying to add a group for new registrations that will be moderated automatically on approval.  Once they're known good, move them to the Registered Users group where everyone else is.  I have new users appearing out of nowhere so I'm hoping this will be a work around.

When I try to add a group, I get the above error, but the group is created.  When I try to edit the group, I get the above error, but the changes are saved.  In case it's not clear, this happens when I save the changes.

Since it appears the changes are taking place, what is this error trying to tell me?  Is it safe to ignore?

Thanks!
Vince.
What version of PHP are you using? array_column was adding in PHP5 and still exists in PHP7
5.2.5 As I recall I can't go any higher due to a pear plugin that I haven't been able to upgrade as yet.
This issue has been fixed in MyBB 1.8.15: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2929

As of now the latest version is 1.8.17 - it's best to keep boards updated to avoid bugs and security issues.
The problem with updating is plugins that aren't written using the MyBB database routines and they use MySQL commands direct. I have to rewrite them each time I update.
(2018-07-18, 04:37 PM)michvhf Wrote: [ -> ]5.2.5  As I recall I can't go any higher due to a pear plugin that I haven't been able to upgrade as yet.

Good luck with that. Please see a list of currently supported versions. PHP 5.2 reached end of life over 7 years ago. You should at least upgrade to 5.2.17 (the last release of the 5.2 branch) which was released in January 2011.