MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.15 to 1.8.17 (CANNOT login to Upgrade Process installation wizard)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Using upgrade, follow the link: WEBSITENAMEHIDDEN.com/MYBBFOLDERTHING/install/upgrade.php

Trying to login to use upgrade page via my username and password (where I am an admin as well as super admin), the page will not let me login. It just loads like I'm logging in and then reverts back to the 'login' part.

Would love some additional help!

Thanks,
iso

EDIT: When looking at the site itself this is the error message that occurs "The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'."

Is it okay to just remove this file and continue like normal? If I add a file called 'lock' it says that the board has not been upgraded yet and need to upgrade before browsing. So I'm thoroughly lost here.
My advice would to be to go through this and follow this tutorial.
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

Also install folder you can remove it once your board is fully installed.
This is basically whats been done, I just cannot login to the upgrade area because the page itself acts like it is logging me in and then when it 'refreshes' it goes back to the login page.

I cannot login or get past this.

This issue has been solved with help from outside sources.

Thanks. Smile
Hi, what was the resolution? I have the exact same problem - thanks

**Update
It's ok I sorted it.

login to the forum before starting the upgrade!

It was on a staging server so I just scrapped and rebuilt it to start fresh.
(2018-07-19, 07:34 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]This is basically whats been done, I just cannot login to the upgrade area because the page itself acts like it is logging me in and then when it 'refreshes' it goes back to the login page.

Thanks. Smile

Can you please share the resolution for this. I am similar issue when upgrading to 1.8.24 to 1.8.27
(2021-08-23, 07:42 PM)shin_mybb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-19, 07:34 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]This is basically whats been done, I just cannot login to the upgrade area because the page itself acts like it is logging me in and then when it 'refreshes' it goes back to the login page.

Thanks. Smile

Can you please share the resolution for this. I am similar issue when upgrading to 1.8.24 to 1.8.27

Hey shin, apologies this thread is old and I do not get on here all that much. Unfortunately I cannot remember how I fixed this. I do hope you were able to find a solution to your issue. Smile
For install or upgrade to take place, a file called /install/lock needs to be removed.
And if there's a circular login problem, delete cookies related to the forum.
If it still persists, delete cookies and browser cache.