MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB theme export failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I encountered a problem that I was trying to sort out this week, and nothing was working. I was trying to export a theme from another MyBB board that I own to my new MyBB installation. I did it as expected, import the theme to XML and upload it. Upon uploading the theme, I get an error that it cannot recognise the file. I thought it might have to do with missing plugins, so I installed them and it still doesn't work.

I'm absolutely confused, but if someone could offer some help, that'd be great.
Can you open the .xml file in a text editor and paste the last line?
(2018-07-22, 09:38 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Can you open the .xml file in a text editor and paste the last line?

Hi,

These were the last few lines in the code:
<tbody style="{$collapsed['usercpmisc_e']}" id="usercpmisc_e">{myachievements_nav}
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=usergroups" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_usergroups">{$lang->ucp_nav_usergroups}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=editlists" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_editlists">{$lang->ucp_nav_editlists}</a></td></tr>
	{$attachmentop}
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=drafts" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_drafts">{$draftcount}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=subscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_subscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_subscribed_threads}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=forumsubscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_fsubscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_forum_subscriptions}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="{$profile_link}" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_viewprofile">{$lang->ucp_nav_view_profile}</a></td></tr>
</tbody>]]></template>
	</templates>
</theme>
Theme sometimes gets corrupted especially with some plugins, paste your entire XML.
Happened to me quite few times actually and had to remove some bits from XML which then fixed my problem.
(2018-07-22, 04:11 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Theme sometimes gets corrupted especially with some plugins, paste your entire XML.
Happened to me quite few times actually and had to remove some bits from XML which then fixed my problem.

My suggestion as well, I will suggest OP to try using the older version of MyBB and importing theme in that version as well.
(2018-07-22, 04:11 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Theme sometimes gets corrupted especially with some plugins, paste your entire XML.

(2018-07-22, 04:52 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]

My suggestion as well, I will suggest OP to try using the older version of MyBB and importing theme in that version as well.

Shall I pm you guys the source code since I don't want to really share it in public.
Still need help on this.

Hi, I just tried using an older version of it. No luck. Sad
Try install this default theme from the 1.8.17 package and then export it and reinstall it again.

[attachment=40647]
(2018-07-26, 08:21 AM)Eqilux Wrote: [ -> ]Still need help on this.

Hi, I just tried using an older version of it. No luck. Sad

XML is corrupt, try the XML by iAndrew.