MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP routes to 403 Error After Switching Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No contradiction. Not everything that is *not* on a whitelist is thus blacklisted.

Whitelist: What is allowed
Blacklist: What is not allowed
Neutral: anything not on either list.
(2018-08-02, 09:08 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]No contradiction. Not everything that is *not* on a whitelist is thus blacklisted.

Not everything that is *not* on a whitelist is thus blacklisted. 

Right!! 

Then...

He said this in post #1 -- "EDIT: Fixed. I had to contact my hosting provider to whitelist my site. Sadly."

So... his website was blacklisted because it was not allowed, therefore he had to contact the hosting provider to whitelist his website... sadly. (original posters' words, not mine)

The contradictions... actually there are 2 in this sentence...

"Yeah no, the hosting never blacklisted anything buddy."
"Yeah no" Which one is it? Yeah? or No? Contradiction? That's number one.

"hosting never blacklisted anything", if that was true, then why did he have to contact the hosting provider to whitelist him?
Because his website was blacklisted in the first place. Contradiction? That's number two. 
(2018-08-02, 11:28 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-02, 09:08 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]No contradiction. Not everything that is *not* on a whitelist is thus blacklisted.

Not everything that is *not* on a whitelist is thus blacklisted. 

Right!! 

Then...

He said this in post #1 -- "EDIT: Fixed. I had to contact my hosting provider to whitelist my site. Sadly."

So... his website was blacklisted because it was not allowed, therefore he had to contact the hosting provider to whitelist his website... sadly. (original posters' words, not mine)

The contradictions... actually there are 2 in this sentence...

"Yeah no, the hosting never blacklisted anything buddy."
"Yeah no" Which one is it? Yeah? or No? Contradiction? That's number one.

"hosting never blacklisted anything", if that was true, then why did he have to contact the hosting provider to whitelist him?
Because his website was blacklisted in the first place. Contradiction? That's number two. 

Holy orange, man. You consistently get technical and blow the small things out of proportion. I don't get what your issue is with me but it all started when you signed up on my forum and I banned you. 

Could you just, hmm, I don't know, back off? Just ignore my posts? You're like a pimple that can't be reached to pop.

You got the wrong idea, and all because I use 'whitelisted' as my choice of word instead of saying that they had to enable a feature for me.
(2018-08-02, 08:53 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]Holy orange, man. You consistently get technical and blow the small things out of proportion. I don't get what your issue is with me but it all started when you signed up on my forum and I banned you. 

Getting banned from your website has NOTHING to do with anything that goes on MyBB.com. 2 different websites. One is 100% legit (MyBB.com) and the other (yours) is questionable.

It's YOUR postings that are being called on and your so-called rationale for those questionable statements are being challenged, not only by me, also by others in MyBB.com.

(2018-08-02, 08:53 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]Could you just, hmm, I don't know, back off? Just ignore my posts? You're like a pimple that can't be reached to pop.

You got the wrong idea, and all because I use 'whitelisted' as my choice of word instead of saying that they had to enable a feature for me.

This is MyBB.com. If you have an issue, bring it up with the Admins of this website.
Whining about other users in the threads aren't going to do you any good.
Did you know about the 'Ignore User' option that is available to you? Why haven't you used it yet?

"EDIT: Fixed. I had to contact my hosting provider to whitelist my site. Sadly."
"all because I use 'whitelisted' as my choice of word instead of saying that they had to enable a feature for me"

I see 2 totally different statements. "Enabling a feature" is far different than "requesting to be whitelisted".
(2018-08-02, 09:18 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I see 2 totally different statements. "Enabling a feature" is far different than "requesting to be whitelisted".

Yeah. Not everyone is fluent in forum/admin jargon. Relax.
(2018-08-02, 09:23 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-02, 09:18 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I see 2 totally different statements. "Enabling a feature" is far different than "requesting to be whitelisted".

Yeah. Not everyone is fluent in forum/admin jargon. Relax.

I'm relaxed as I can be. Listening to AC/DC's 'TNT'.  Cool
Pages: 1 2