MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LeakForums Theme Knock-off using Mybb's Default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm working on a project, a MyBB forum in which my customer wants me to create for his Garry's Mod server.

A huge request of his was a leakforums look-alike theme. So I came up with this bad boy in like 20 mins.

Lemme know what you think. This is not a theme rip or leak. It's a simple showcase on a knock-off/look-alike theme using the default.

[Image: vCkCRZI.png]
(2018-07-25, 03:40 AM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]
So I'm working on a project, a MyBB forum in which my customer wants me to create for his Garry's Mod server.

A huge request of his was a leakforums look-alike theme. So I came up with this bad boy in like 20 mins.

Lemme know what you think. This is not a theme rip or leak. It's a simple showcase on a knock-off/look-alike theme using the default.

Why not do the main page looking like this in the screenshot?

[Image: cbc4fd0882942c7c5402a9c63da681dd.png]

What about screenshots for the following: UserCP, ModCP, Editor (use the default editor for now), Portal, and other sections worth reviewing?

This theme should have the 'Latest Posts' built-in since that seems to be the most requested add-on that Admins want. 
You can set up an option to disable this if an Admin does not want this enabled on his/her website.

Are those forum icons images included? I would guess that this theme would be using it's own /images folder if this would be the case.
What about these forum icons that are currently being used as shown in the screenshot?

[Image: 3fd191f832925276f8ad0afa2478f699.png]
(2018-07-25, 04:34 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

What about screenshots for the following: UserCP, ModCP, Editor (use the default editor for now), Portal, and other sections worth reviewing?

This theme should have the 'Latest Posts' built-in since that seems to be the most requested add-on that Admins want. 
You can set up an option to disable this if an Admin does not want this enabled on his/her website.

Are those forum icons images included? I would guess that this theme would be using it's own /images folder if this would be the case.
What about these forum icons that are currently being used as shown in the screenshot?

There's a lot of things that are different as I and my customer don't want an exact replica, for copyright reasons. I'm not aware if Leak Forums has their theme copyrighted, but I'd rather not copy things exactly.

As for the header, I just haven't gotten to that yet. Definitely gonna get the border on there though. Also, I didn't even think to add the 'Latest Posts' link, but I will surely do so.

And the forum icons, I just grabbed them off Iconfinder for the time being. Rather than making an entire sprite for it, I just used the MyForumIcons plugin.
(2018-07-25, 07:21 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-25, 04:34 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

There's a lot of things that are different as I and my customer don't want an exact replica, for copyright reasons. I'm not aware if Leak Forums has their theme copyrighted, but I'd rather not copy things exactly.

As for the header, I just haven't gotten to that yet. Definitely gonna get the border on there though. Also, I didn't even think to add the 'Latest Posts' link, but I will surely do so.

And the forum icons, I just grabbed them off Iconfinder for the time being. Rather than making an entire sprite for it, I just used the MyForumIcons plugin.

The copyright was never updated in 2018, therefore, it is no longer valid as per the screenshot.

[Image: 86665a6ab2af2ae5bbf35a791abe0234.png]
Are you going to Release for free on here?
Whatever you do with that theme, just don't copy any other forum themes. LF theme I'm pretty sure was created by Johnny S I could be wrong though.

Anyways keep the theme different than others Smile
(2018-07-29, 11:30 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever you do with that theme, just don't copy any other forum themes. LF theme I'm pretty sure was created by Johnny S I could be wrong though.

If Johnny S did, in fact, create that theme, then why isn't his copyright at the bottom?

UPDATE:

Johnny S had confirmed that he did not create the LF theme. 

So, it was the creation of someone else's doing, but the author is unknown.
(2018-07-29, 11:36 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-29, 11:30 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever you do with that theme, just don't copy any other forum themes. LF theme I'm pretty sure was created by Johnny S I could be wrong though.

If Johnny S did, in fact, create that theme, then why isn't his copyright at the bottom?

They might have ageed with Johnny S regarding removal of copyright. Quite possible.
(2018-07-30, 04:56 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-29, 11:36 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

They might have ageed with Johnny S regarding removal of copyright. Quite possible.

Possible, but doubtful.

I do know the owner of that website does a lot of his own coding. 

He may have copied or duplicated some of the code from several themes and pieced them together and call it his own.
(2018-07-25, 07:50 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]The copyright was never updated in 2018, therefore, it is no longer valid as per the screenshot.

The dates given in the copyright claim are start dates, not start and expiry dates. Copyrights have different protection expiry times in different jurisdictions, but expect something between 20 years (e.g. UK) and 95 years (e.g. USA) after the last year mentioned.
Pages: 1 2