MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Server/Software & Website Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,...I registered a site on http://www.createmybb.com/ and it's up and running but was wondering why I need to install the software at http://www.mybboard.net/ - i.e. I assume it allows me to do much more than I currently can?

Also, does anyone know of any good free server sites for which I can use to upload the use the software. I'm new to all this and am completely lost. I just managed to run the site and make changes but even that is quite challenging.

Any help would be brilliant.

Thank you

Smile
Hi,

You don't need to install MyBB when you are on CreateMyBB. But indeed it has - as said above - more advantages if you host it yourself.
destroyer Wrote:Hi,

You don't need to install MyBB when you are on CreateMyBB. But indeed it has - as said above - more advantages if you host it yourself.
Hi,... thanks alot for replying Smile

So are the two linked then?, in that, if I install the software I can then use it for the site I've already created?

Thank Cool
You created a CreateMyBB site. Installing MyBB won't affect that.

You'd need to look for a host and install MyBB there. The MyBB site gives a good overview of all advantages, requirements, ...
Beales07 Wrote:Any help would be brilliant.

Thank you

Smile
Me and MiNT rent a server that we are looking to sell hosting on for cheap prices. It won't be amazingly powerful (basic stuff) but it will be cheap and very easy to run MyBB on. As a bonus, we'll even help you set up MyBB and configure it right.

PM me if you are interested.
destroyer Wrote:You created a CreateMyBB site. Installing MyBB won't affect that.

You'd need to look for a host and install MyBB there. The MyBB site gives a good overview of all advantages, requirements, ...
Hi,

Thanks for the info, I think I get it now Smile
DrPoodle Wrote:
Beales07 Wrote:Any help would be brilliant.

Thank you

Smile
Me and MiNT rent a server that we are looking to sell hosting on for cheap prices. It won't be amazingly powerful (basic stuff) but it will be cheap and very easy to run MyBB on. As a bonus, we'll even help you set up MyBB and configure it right.

PM me if you are interested.
Hi,

Thanks for the offer man, but I just wanted a free site ya know, but thanks anyways Smile I think I'll just use the website and avoid the software lol.