MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want To Set Up An Appeals Forum For My Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As stated in the thread title, I want to set up an Appeals forum for pretty much the same way that MyBB.com does for their Private Inquiries forum.

The problem I am having is that I cannot for the life of me set up the proper permissions for all users (except for Guests or Permanently Banned) to use the new Appeals forum. 

Can someone provide me how the Private Inquiries forum permissions are set up so that I can do this for my website? 

What about temporarily banned users? I want to give those temp banned users an opportunity to state their case to have their ban removed, but not allow them access to the rest of the website.

I need step-by-step instructions or a few screenshots would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!
basically the method is explained here by Yaldaram

Edit: banned members may be set with access to the private inquiries section.

or

temporary banned members can be moved to a separate user group &
that user group should be able to access the specific private inquiries section.
(2018-07-26, 12:31 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically the method is explained here by Yaldaram

Edit: banned members may be set with access to the private inquiries section.

or

temporary banned members can be moved to a separate user group &
that user group should be able to access the specific private inquiries section.

I have set up a new forum on my website. Thanks for the link! Everything makes sense now!

Regarding the temporarily banned members.

Let's use 'Jane Doe' as an example. I temporarily banned her for 2 weeks. I put her in an user group called 'Temp Banned'.

That new user group 'Temp Banned' has the Private Inquiries forum permissions setup in the AdminCP. (as mentioned in the previous post)

Now, after the 2-week ban, Jane Doe is not AUTOMATICALLY moved out of the group 'Temp Banned'. 
That is something that the staff has to do manually.
If the staff gets busy or has one of their "bad memory days", Jane Doe is stuck in the wrong user group until she is put back into her regular user group.

The idea of a 'Temp Banned' user group is a good idea until the ban has expired. 

Unless there is a way that MyBB or a plugin can automatically move 'Jane Doe' back into her regular user group after the temp banned has expired, I can't create a new user group 'Temp Banned'. 

Any thoughts?
BUMP this thread!

Need someone to assist me in figuring out the scenario in post #3.

Thanks!
If the “Temp Banned” Group is setup as a banned group (in the Usergroup Settings) then the user should automatically be moved back into their old group after the ban expires.