MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-07-28, 11:08 AM)thunfischbaum Wrote: [ -> ]Getting more Errors now...

That is caused by not having upgraded properly. As you upgraded from 1.8.15 to 1.8.17, you need to use the full package, not the changed files package. The changed files packages are only to be used if you are upgrading from the previous release (eg: 1.8.16 to 1.8.17 or 1.8.15 to 1.8.16). The original issue was likely also caused by this. The AIM contact field was removed as part of 1.8.16 as the AIM service no longer exists.
ok fixed with phpmyadmin

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD `aim` VARCHAR(50) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `icq`;
You have added a column to user table which is not required?
Suggest you to follow the patch and change files as indicated:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3199/files
(2018-08-18, 12:21 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You have added a column to user table which is not required?
Suggest you to follow the patch and change files as indicated:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3199/files

excuse me but its very hard to me to editing all those files... i a asking if there is a problem after addin 'aim' filed ? beacuse its the simple way for me.
(2018-07-31, 01:19 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: [ -> ]This turned out to be SHOCKINGLY easy to fix.

Simply open up PHPMyAdmin if you have that. Click on your database. Find "Users". Click that, then click the tab that says "structure". You'll see a bunch of horizontal columns. Between ICQ and Yahoo is where "aim" should be. Go to the bottom of that page where it says  "Add column". Select the 1. Then on the list select "after ICQ". Then just copy the info from Yahoo and ICQ into the boxes, name it "aim" and then create.

Bang. Problem solved. I guess the query function is supposed to do this, but for whatever reason it did not work. So just do it manually.

I did exactly this when merging a phpBB 3.0.12 fourm into MyBB.  phpBB had the aim field, MyBB didn't.

In order to keep everything working correctly, before I did anything else with the database (including continuing merge after it merged users) - I removed the aim field.

I'm assuming I should have no problems going forward.
(2018-08-24, 11:56 AM)phrogpilot73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-31, 01:19 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: [ -> ]This turned out to be SHOCKINGLY easy to fix.

Simply open up PHPMyAdmin if you have that. Click on your database. Find "Users". Click that, then click the tab that says "structure". You'll see a bunch of horizontal columns. Between ICQ and Yahoo is where "aim" should be. Go to the bottom of that page where it says  "Add column". Select the 1. Then on the list select "after ICQ". Then just copy the info from Yahoo and ICQ into the boxes, name it "aim" and then create.

Bang. Problem solved. I guess the query function is supposed to do this, but for whatever reason it did not work. So just do it manually.

I did exactly this when merging a phpBB 3.0.12 fourm into MyBB.  phpBB had the aim field, MyBB didn't.

In order to keep everything working correctly, before I did anything else with the database (including continuing merge after it merged users) - I removed the aim field.

I'm assuming I should have no problems going forward.

Did it fix the issue ?

Cause for me it didnt.
Just go into phpmyadmin, and create what you ask for

field list !

Via MySQL
THIS CAN FIX VERY EASILY

1. Go to Phpmyadmin
2. Go to your mysql database
3. Go to structure
4. Add colum after icq as follow

ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD aim VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER icq;
Pages: 1 2