MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you do in phpBB? We need your help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, I do know this is MyBB,

I am looking for someone who can help us with our gaming community.

We're looking for a coder, who would like to help us, with getting our community up running again.

Our community is called "Magnificent team-playing community" (mTc)

The forum of ours is pretty old and need some updates, and we're doing our best to get servers up running.

The community have existed for quite a time, and we're trying to get it up again, and hope you are the one who can help us!

Please, feel free to ask questions or PM me.

Best regards. Frederik "frojo"
(2018-07-29, 05:14 PM)Aerius Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, I do know this is MyBB,

I am looking for someone who can help us with our gaming community.

We're looking for a coder, who would like to help us, with getting our community up running again.

Our community is called "Magnificent team-playing community" (mTc)

The forum of ours is pretty old and need some updates, and we're doing our best to get servers up running.

The community have existed for quite a time, and we're trying to get it up again, and hope you are the one who can help us!

Please, feel free to ask questions or PM me.

Best regards. Frederik "frojo"

Why can't you start up a new MyBB and then merge the phpBB database over to the new MyBB website?

Wouldn't that accomplish what you want?
It is because of all the old stuff we got on our server so far.

That's the simple reason why.

But how do you merge the phpBB data to MyBB ?

And also, there are some custom plugins, who won't be merging.

And, we are looking for a guy who can help us getting the website up running and help us update.
(2018-07-29, 05:32 PM)Aerius Wrote: [ -> ]It is because of all the old stuff we got on our server so far.

That's the simple reason why.

But how do you merge the phpBB data to MyBB ?

And also, there are some custom plugins, who won't be merging.

And, we are looking for a guy who can help us getting the website up running and help us update.

MyBB has a merging feature that you can use. Just merge and it's done. I've done it before. It's not hard to do.

As far as plugins go, MyBB has far more plugins than phpBB does. 
You probably could find the same plugins that are already in the Extend section of MyBB.
At the very least post in the correct forum. Furthermore, this is MyBB. You should request support over at PhpBB's community forum if you require help.