MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my name is Budi from Indonesia. I would like to ask something about MyBB such as:
  1. What is the difference between threads and post?
  2. How to set that user should need permission first to post a thread?
  3. Why another user (registered) able to delete the other's thread? and how to make it need confirmation first before deleting the thread?
  4. What is the difference between stick thread and close thread, since those both threads able to be replied?
Thread consists of posts. it can contain a single post or several posts in a series

personally I prefer using a plugin for moderating first post of a user
[eg. Required Approvals plugin]

by default, a registered user doesn't have privileges to delete others posts & threads.
if you have this problem then there can be mis-configuration in group permissions

sticked threads appear at the top of normal threads on a forum threads list page.
normal users cannot post in a closed thread unless they have required privileges
(2018-07-30, 05:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Thread consists of posts. it can contain a single post or several posts in a series

personally I prefer using a plugin for moderating first post of a user
[eg. Required Approvals plugin]

by default, a registered user doesn't have privileges  to delete others posts & threads.
if you have this problem then there can be  mis-configuration in group permissions

sticked threads appear at the top of normal threads on a forum threads list page.
normal users cannot post in a closed thread unless they have required privileges

Hello, thanks for answering my questions. But i'm still confused regarding these conditions:

1. About other user (registered) able to delete other's post, how could i change the permission in group permission?
2. About user need permission to post a thread, whether it could be set on the admin CP? and how about the moderation feature?

Thank you very much before 
It is not a good idea to allow users to delete other users' posts. That should be restricted to moderators.

You can set user group permissions in acp > users > user groups where you can select that certain groups have their threads or posts moderated
(2018-07-30, 11:13 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]It is not a good idea to allow users to delete other users' posts. That should be restricted to moderators.

You can set user group permissions in acp > users > user groups  where you can select that certain groups have their threads  or posts moderated

where I can manage the deletion permission on the admin control panel? Would you please me complete guidance? Thank you very much before.
He has given you the location. Admin Control Panel > Users > User Groups > Select group and edit where necessary.