MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm occasionally getting a "Sorry You're Banned" Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I (admin) am occasionally getting a "Sorry You're Banned" message and so are other bona fide users.

Any idea why this is happening and what the solution might be?
(2018-07-31, 09:41 AM)Simon Harris Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I (admin) am occasionally getting a "Sorry You're Banned" message and so are other bona fide users.

Any idea why this is happening and what the solution might be?

Do you have other Admins on your website?

Are you the owner of this website? If so, then you should have Super Admin setup in your config.php file as shown in the screenshot.

F.Y.I., you have to input whatever your user ID (UID) is for your account. It may not be the first account created. It can be '33', '1748', '1' (must be in quotes and separated by a comma) or whatever the UID is and as long you close that line with a ';' (without the quote marks), you should be good to go. 

[Image: e6f7c517d872b7ebbc7b20a31183c6e2.png]
I'm the owner and the only admin. So I'll set that up for myself.

The problem is that it's happening randomly so I'd guess it was some kind of bug/misconfiguration.

Whare do I find the UIDs so I can add other trusted users?
(2018-07-31, 10:00 AM)Simon Harris Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the owner and the only admin. So I'll set that up for myself.

The problem is that it's happening randomly so I'd guess it was some kind of bug/misconfiguration.

Whare do I find the UIDs so I can add other trusted users?

You can find the UID here as shown in the screenshot.

[Image: SLF2sFw.png?1]

Forgot to mention this, too...

[Image: e78ccc15743175a61f8e3b01d82889e9.png]
It appears you have plugins installed to show UID and also to be able to edit Files in the MYBB backend. What are they?

Having said that my basic question is "Why is MYBB showing the You're Banned message to me or anyone else?"
(2018-07-31, 04:26 PM)Simon Harris Wrote: [ -> ]It appears you have plugins installed to show UID and also to be able to edit Files in the MYBB backend. What are they?

(2018-07-31, 04:26 PM)Simon Harris Wrote: [ -> ]Having said that my basic question is "Why is MYBB showing the You're Banned message to me or anyone else?"

Is this message random or does it show all the time?
Maybe you've added yourself to some secondary groups, and one of them is a banned group.

Maybe you've edited groups and ticked "this is a banned group" for one of them.
(2018-07-31, 04:26 PM)Simon Harris Wrote: [ -> ]It appears you have plugins installed to show UID and also to be able to edit Files in the MYBB backend. What are they?

For adding the UID to the member Profile page...

This is the code to add into the member_profile template 

<tr>
    <td class="trow1" style="width: 30%;"><strong>User ID:</strong></td>
    <td class="trow1">{$uid}</td>
</tr>

(2018-07-31, 04:26 PM)Simon Harris Wrote: [ -> ]Having said that my basic question is "Why is MYBB showing the You're Banned message to me or anyone else?"

I agree with frostschutz that you must have accidentally put one of the User Groups on a Banned mode.

Others who are in that same group, as you are, are also banned.

Double check your User Group settings.
Firstly, I just wanted to say a big Thanks! for your time and patience.

1. The "You're banned" message only happens occasionally. It normally disappears when I refresh a couple of times. What I normally do (if I'm working on something) is have the Forum open in both Chrome and Opera and switch between the two. It generally works in one of them.

2. I've checked all the Group settings and none of the regular user groups have the banning tab clicked.

On the positive side I'm learning a lot about the MyBB backend.
looks like the problem is due to IP bans done on your forum.
your IP addresses should be checked with the banned IP list.

forum admin panel >> Configuration >> Banning
Pages: 1 2