MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search and Replace Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just moved my forum from xenforo to mybb. It was hectic but finally successful.

Now I need to replace lots of texts mainly bbcodes, smilies, user reference etc. which are obsolete now. Is there anything like "Search Regex" plugin as in wordpress, which will search and replace in bulk.

Thanks and Regards
(2018-07-31, 05:20 PM)wbxpress Wrote: [ -> ]I just moved my forum from xenforo to mybb. It was hectic but finally successful.

Now I need to replace lots of texts mainly bbcodes, smilies, user reference etc. which are obsolete now. Is there anything like "Search Regex" plugin as in wordpress, which will search and replace in bulk.

Thanks and Regards

do you mind if i ask why'd you switch from xenforo to mybb?
once i forgot to renew my xenforo licence for 40USD. so i have to re-buy the package at 140USD. it's too costly. that's why i thought of moving to a free software.
(2018-07-31, 06:21 PM)wbxpress Wrote: [ -> ]once i forgot to renew my xenforo licence for 40USD. so i have to re-buy the package at 140USD. it's too costly. that's why i thought of moving to a free software.

That's the major reason why I didn't bother with Xenoforo. It's nice to use, but way to costly to do that every year. 

MyBB does the job just fine and I'm happy with it.
sorry, I could not recall seeing such regex plugin.
if you are confident with SQL queries then you have to work with them.

first please take backup of recent working database, put forum offline and then
try executing SQL queries. Merge System Support section has some related topics.

if you are comfortable, you may also hire someone for the SQL queries related work