MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login logout Cookie problems. Please watch the attached video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello People

We are having a weird problem with our site. Please watch the attached youtube video for the exact problem

Forum link is hardwaremana.com/forums

Whenever I login, it shows not logged in but when I click on any link, the site works just as expected. But logging out continues this problem. It is difficult to explain so I please request you guys to watch the attached video

Please help us out here.

Thanks in advance

Bump.
anyone?
bump. Is there no solution?
After you login, and press F5, do you still see the login button - or does the site show you as logged in now ?

What version of php is your hosting server running ?

Your theme looks like it was developed on V1.8.14 of MyBB, but what version is your forum on - in the ACP ?

Post your cookie settings here - what do you have for cookie domain, and cookie path - in the ACP -> configuration -> site details?
(2018-08-02, 06:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]After you login, and press F5, do you still see the login button - or does the site show you as logged in now ?

Your theme looks like it was developed on V1.8.14 of MyBB, but what version is your forum on - in the ACP ?

Post your cookie settings here - what do you have for cookie domain, and cookie path - in the ACP -> configuration -> site details?

Thanks for the replying ashley

Yes, after refreshing the site shows as logged in

php is 5.6.36

my forum is 1.8.17

[Image: sad.png]
(2018-08-03, 06:41 AM)hwmana Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-02, 06:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]After you login, and press F5, do you still see the login button - or does the site show you as logged in now ?

Thanks for the replying ashley

Yes, after refreshing the site shows as logged in

php is 5.6.36

my forum is 1.8.17

[Image: sad.png]

Your settings in Site Details is incorrect.

You need to fix the Cookie Path. You only need the '/' (forward slash) in that line.

This is how I have mine setup.

[Image: 30b7ec359833089093d54c8c448bec63.png]
Actually, the main link of the forums is www.Hardwaremana.com/Forums . Thus according to that, "/Forums/" will be the right choice. Correct me If I am wrong.
(2018-08-03, 08:14 AM)Systmyz Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the main link of the forums is www.Hardwaremana.com/Forums . Thus according to that, "/Forums/" will be the right choice. Correct me If I am wrong.

/forums/  -- Thank you to @Ashley1 for correcting me on this. 

Should be the correct input for the Cookie Path line.

The Cookie Domain with the '.' (dot) covers all sub-domains including /forums

Try it and see what happens.
(2018-07-31, 05:30 PM)hwmana Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I login, it shows not logged in but when I click on any link, the site works just as expected. But logging out continues this problem. It is difficult to explain so I please request you guys to watch the attached video

Looks and feels like a cache problem to me.
Actually, the main link of the forums is www.Hardwaremana.com/Forums . Thus according to that, "/Forums/" will be the right choice in cookie path. Correct me If I am wrong.
(2018-08-03, 08:48 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-31, 05:30 PM)hwmana Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I login, it shows not logged in but when I click on any link, the site works just as expected. But logging out continues this problem. It is difficult to explain so I please request you guys to watch the attached video

Looks and feels like a cache problem to me.

It could be that, too. I think you were referencing to the browser cache.

But... that gave me an idea about taking care of the website cache, too. As shown in the screenshot below.

[Image: 2ef1560477f1bfc41a9d2085bf3e897d.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4