MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error upon upgrading.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to upgrade, I run into the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1146 - Table 'mbadmin_mbmain.mybb_reportreasons' doesn't existQuery:SELECT * FROM mybb_reportreasons ORDER BY disporder

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff
(2018-07-31, 06:22 PM)jmilay Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to upgrade, I run into the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1146 - Table 'mbadmin_mbmain.mybb_reportreasons' doesn't existQuery:SELECT * FROM mybb_reportreasons ORDER BY disporder

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff

Looks like your database doesn't have the mbadmin_mbmain.mybb_reportreasons column. It's missing.

One of the SQL experts from MyBB will be able to show you how to fix that.
Awesome! Thank you!
Hi,

Which version are you trying to upgrade from, and which version are you trying to upgrade to?
from 1.8.15 to 1.8.17

The only reason I was trying to upgrade is to see if it would fix an issue of images not appearing in posts. When users are posting, the image comes up in preview but when submitting the post, it comes up blank. I've been able to replicate the issue on different computers and browsers. I've made sure "can download attachments" is ticked.
Ok, did you use the full package for the upgrade? The changed files package will not work as changed files only work when moving one version (eg 1.8.16 to 1.8.17 or 1.8.15 to 1.8.16). This is likely the cause for some of the issues you're seeing.

The report reasons table was added quite a long time ago though, you might need to create it manually if it doesn't exist. Try running the following SQL query in phpMyAdmin:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mybb_reportreasons (
  rid int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  title varchar(250) NOT NULL default '',
  appliesto varchar(250) NOT NULL default '',
  extra tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  disporder smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (rid)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

Regarding images not showing, can you provide your URL and details for a temporary test account?
I'm trying to create a user to send to you but now I'm dealing with "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again." error. Let me try to fix this and I'll update you with an account to login. The url is www.metricbobber.com.

Surprisingly enough, Fixing my above issue seems to have solved images not showing up problem. And looking at my version in admincp, it says I'm running 1.8.17 now.
(2018-08-03, 06:23 PM)jmilay Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to create a user to send to you but now I'm dealing with "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again." error.  Let me try to fix this and I'll update you with an account to login.  The url is www.metricbobber.com.

Surprisingly enough, Fixing my above issue seems to have solved images not showing up problem.  And looking at my version in admincp, it says I'm running 1.8.17 now.

Great, hopefully that's everything fixed then Smile