MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread instant mail do not send
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Old Bird,

I installed mybb 1.8.17 and use mysql 5.1.73 and php 5.3.3 on Centos 6.9.
All the functions works fine, except Instant Email notification.
I can send mail to from User profile -> User contact details. There is a link call " Emails: Send xxx via email"
I have successful receive such mail from mybb forum. And I can receive massmail for PM message every 15min.

But I can not receive Instant Email notification for thread. The system mail log do not show any message for subscription mail message. I think this subscriptions is not executed.

I checked php source code, the massmail.php only give PM message and mail flood, it do not use post. In massmail.php, Line17/18

17 require_once MYBB_ROOT."/inc/functions_massmail.php";
18 require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/datahandlers/pm.php";

I think it should include "inc/datahandlers/post.php";

Well, I register this forum and select option "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" below. And I don't receive any update email neither.

Does anyone have such experience on EMAIL notification?

Thanks

zhustudio
(2018-08-01, 01:03 PM)zhustudio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Old Bird,

I installed mybb 1.8.17 and use mysql 5.1.73 and php 5.3.3 on Centos 6.9.
All the functions works fine, except Instant Email notification.
I can send mail to from User profile -> User contact details. There is a link call " Emails: Send xxx via email"
I have successful receive such mail from mybb forum. And I can receive massmail for PM message every 15min.

But I can not receive Instant Email notification for thread. The system mail log do not show any message for subscription mail message. I think this subscriptions is not executed.

I checked php source code, the massmail.php only give PM message and mail flood, it do not use post. In massmail.php, Line17/18

17 require_once MYBB_ROOT."/inc/functions_massmail.php";
18 require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/datahandlers/pm.php";

I think it should include "inc/datahandlers/post.php";

Well, I register this forum and select option "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" below. And I don't receive any update email neither.

Does anyone have such experience on EMAIL notification?

Thanks

zhustudio

Read this THREAD, this thread might give you some ideas.
Thanks for this tutorial, Serpius.
But now it is not auto-subscription issue. I checked up "subscribe for this thread" for each post, and reply but I still can not see any information on system mail log.

Well, I would like to make sure current mybb_1817.zip is OK for instant mail subscription. And it is mass mail or individual mail? This will give me some clues to find from source code.

In addition, I do not find the entrance to call sendthread.php file. So could you know where to call this file? It may be the key to solve this issue.

Thanks