MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Health Reports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was spending some time to compare MyBB to other free/paid forum software and I suddenly started thinking about how many people are using forums today.

Do we have some report about MyBB downloads/installations over the course of time?

I believe it would be interesting to know what's the trend behind forums usage, just like the stats concerning active users joining MyBB Community Forums.
The issue that I have with this is that different board softwares are more likely to be found on different types of website. For example: I’m hard pressed to find an admin or webmaster forum on anything other than XenForo (the obvious exception of Promotion Paradise being exempt from this).

Trends are only as good as the control group: that is, the group who use the software. You can’t get a proper aggregate of trends across all niches because not all niches use MyBB.
(2018-08-05, 10:27 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Trends are only as good as the control group: that is, the group who use the software. You can’t get a proper aggregate of trends across all niches because not all niches use MyBB.

Agreed. In fact I'm just referring to MyBB, the software I actively use.
To me it would be interesting to know if 1.8.x total downloads have been higher than 1.6.x ones - and all similar data.

I understand that these are just numbers, but if aggregated we can understand if we're doing good comparing present to past.
We do have installation statistics (if people decide to opt in during installation), but they can be a bit skewed due to local installs by developers and such so they're not a particularly reliable metric. We don't track downloads since downloads can happen both from the MyBB download page and from GitHub and tracking GH downloads is difficult.