MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database error when installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I use 000webhost and I created a database on it, copied and pasted the exact info but it says cannot connect.
It has worked before!
(2018-08-05, 10:15 PM)richardhammond Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I use 000webhost and I created a database on it, copied and pasted the exact info but it says cannot connect.
It has worked before!

Ahem...

You are not being very clear in this post.

Did you install the MyBB software to create a new forum website?

Exactly... what did you do? Give more details.
Also please post the actual error you’re receiving.
The error I am reciving is 'Cannot connect to database localhost with username and password entered" or whatever.

I am trying to create a new forum and install it. It has worked before but not now. I am copying the sql database straight from 000webhost.
(2018-08-06, 12:50 AM)richardhammond Wrote: [ -> ]The error I am reciving is 'Cannot connect to database localhost with username and password entered" or whatever.

I am trying to create a new forum and install it. It has worked before but not now. I am copying the sql database straight from 000webhost.

Why don't you install MyBB first... then... overwrite the database with your saved database?

Make sure that when you do a new installation of MyBB, the prefix of the database MUST match your saved database. Or else, it will not work.

That seems to be the logical thing to do.
How do i find the prefix of the database? It says nowhere in phpmyadmin or the databases page and I am not able to continue unless i have sucefully added the database.
(2018-08-05, 10:15 PM)richardhammond Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I use 000webhost and I created a database on it, copied and pasted the exact info but it says cannot connect.
It has worked before!

Hi man, i'm not sure your problem is the same as mine but maybe it is.

I had my forum on 000webhost too and when i moved it to a paid host i had all kinds of errors, after trying all i found out this was my prob:

when i was trying to save my database, not all tables were saved. Sometimes just 19 went to the backup, sometimes 25  and i think mybb has 77. So i solved it like this, i selected the database tables in groups of 4  and that way got all the 77 and put it in the new database on the new paid webhost. Maybe it is because at the time i was trying to do it 000webhost servers were too busy and unstable? Anyway, check that you have all the database tables, that's how i did it Smile
thanks
(2018-08-06, 06:21 AM)Johnny98 Wrote: [ -> ]
It has worked before!

Hi man, i'm not sure your problem is the same as mine but maybe it is.

I had my forum on 000webhost too and when i moved it to a paid host i had all kinds of errors, after trying all i found out this was my prob:

when i was trying to save my database, not all tables were saved. Sometimes just 19 went to the backup, sometimes 25  and i think mybb has 77. So i solved it like this, i selected the database tables in groups of 4  and that way got all the 77 and put it in the new database on the new paid webhost. Maybe it is because at the time i was trying to do it 000webhost servers were too busy and unstable? Anyway, check that you have all the database tables, that's how i did it Smile

That's one of the biggest reasons why I truly detest free hosting sites. 

Free hosting websites are very limited and most of the time do not offer customer support.