MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I make a forum where users can post threads but can't view them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I was wondering if it's possible to make a forum under some category, and in that forum users would be able to post threads, but wouldn't be able to view them (or any threads in that forums, only admins would)
try setting the permission to Can view threads? to unchecked
(2018-08-07, 02:11 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]try setting the permission to  Can view threads? to unchecked

If I'm looking in the right place, there is no option for "View threads", only View, which makes the entire forum hidden if disallowed.
(2018-08-07, 02:19 PM)EggsyCRO Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-07, 02:11 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]try setting the permission to  Can view threads? to unchecked

If I'm looking in the right place, there is no option for "View threads", only View, which makes the entire forum hidden if disallowed.

[Image: 62W5ctz.jpg]

Go to this THREAD and follow what is shown in that post.

Even though it was originally for MyBB 1.6.xx versions, it is still good for the newer MyBB 1.8.xx versions.

Give it a try.
(2018-08-07, 02:55 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: 62W5ctz.jpg]

This would make it apply across all forums

(2018-08-07, 03:10 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Go to this THREAD and follow what is shown in that post.

Even though it was originally for MyBB 1.6.xx versions, it is still good for the newer MyBB 1.8.xx versions.

Give it a try.

Thanks, this worked. Tho to be able to open ''Edit permissions'' for a specific user group I needed to open it in a new tab.