MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads in home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like the threads in a particular category to be displayed underneath the category in the index page. I think I've come across this somewhere but I have been searching and searching and I couldn't find it.Pls how do I go about this. Thanks.
(2018-08-08, 09:54 AM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like the threads in a particular category to be displayed underneath the category in the index page. I think I've come across this somewhere but I have been searching and searching and I couldn't find it.Pls how do I go about this. Thanks.

Go to your AdminCP and follow what is shown in the screenshot below.

In this screenshot, if I wanted to change the order of the forums in the 'Luxor Forums Main' category, all I have to do is change the numbers of those forums to whatever I prefer. 

[Image: b950dc1c1bcc0fd5090d7f1c92ff5ca3.png]
(2018-08-08, 10:39 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-08, 09:54 AM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like the threads in a particular category to be displayed underneath the category in the index page. I think I've come across this somewhere but I have been searching and searching and I couldn't find it.Pls how do I go about this. Thanks.

Go to your AdminCP and follow what is shown in the screenshot below.

In this screenshot, if I wanted to change the order of the forums in the 'Luxor Forums Main' category, all I have to do is change the numbers of those forums to whatever I prefer. 

[Image: b950dc1c1bcc0fd5090d7f1c92ff5ca3.png]

Thank you very much for your speedy response. I do appreciate. Though what I meant was that is there a way to make the threads in a forum say "The Lemonade Stand" display directly underneath the Lemonade Stand in the Index page without actually clicking on the Lemonade Stand. Thanks once more.
No, not even with xThreads plugin will you be able to do that.
(2018-08-11, 11:16 PM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your speedy response. I do appreciate. Though what I meant was that is there a way to make the threads in a forum say "The Lemonade Stand" display directly underneath the Lemonade Stand in the Index page without actually clicking on the Lemonade Stand. Thanks once more.

Hmm... I don't think that's possible... if I understand your question correctly.
(2018-08-12, 12:56 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-11, 11:16 PM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for your speedy response. I do appreciate. Though what I meant was that is there a way to make the threads in a forum say "The Lemonade Stand" display directly underneath the Lemonade Stand in the Index page without actually clicking on the Lemonade Stand. Thanks once more.

Hmm... I don't think that's possible... if I understand your question correctly.

Okay thank you, would'a been nice if there was a plugin or something like that.
(2018-08-12, 01:10 AM)Owner0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-12, 12:56 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay thank you, would'a been nice if there was a plugin or something like that.

Have you seen this kind of setup at another website? 

If so, provide us with a screenshot. Maybe that will give us more clues to work with.