MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had many issues with uploading plugins. I am doing everything right. For the favicon plugin its just 1 simple file, "inc" 

I am putting that into inc and when I go to plugins theres nothing there.
(2018-08-08, 05:47 PM)Swick Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing everything right.
If you are putting inc into inc, expect problems.
@ashley1 I have watched tutorials and documentation and thats what it says to do. I asked for help.
(2018-08-08, 05:47 PM)Swick Wrote: [ -> ]I have had many issues with uploading plugins. I am doing everything right. For the favicon plugin its just 1 simple file, "inc" 

I am putting that into inc and when I go to plugins theres nothing there.

You are misunderstanding how to install a plugin.

If you see a 'inc' folder, there are files INSIDE that folder for the plugin.

You need to put those files that are inside that folder INSIDE the root/inc folder of your website. 

Do NOT put the WHOLE 'inc' folder inside another 'inc' folder. Nothing will work.
Just tried did not work.
is there still another inc-folder in root/inc-folder from further uploads? Delete this /inc in /inc
They use directories in the plugins to show where each file goes in your forum files. You can just copy whats in inc over but i prefer to copy each file one by one.

If your plugin only consisted of this....
inc/plugins/filename.php

Then all you would do is copy filename.php to your inc/plugins directory on your forum. Same for every other file. They would all go where the directory shows to go. The inc/plugins file structure on the plugin just indicated the location the file should go. You do not copy inc/plugins/filename.php to inc as now you have the structure inc/inc/plugins/filename.php which is an invalid directory structure