MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internationalization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Internationalization?

I think this will make the members divided (separated).
English is the best way to go (I think).SmileSmileSmile
Now I have to think twice before I write something down.

Maybe better?
Chris.
p911 Wrote:English is the best way to go (I think).SmileSmileSmile
But which English: UK, American... Toungue
I know one English version, which is not "the best way to go" .... it's my English Smile
No there's no separation between the community members. The internationalization forums are mostly used when someone doesn't know English very well.
Who cares what kind of English people like to speak ...as long people try to understand each other, also holds it the people away from using bad words.
How can you use bad words when you do not know how to write them?
Nice?
Chris.
Hmm, maybe you have right. But:
1) if some foreign people want use bad words, they can do this in english as well as in a mother tongue (dictionary Smile )
2) all international threads have more than 1 member (usually), so when "somebody #1" use bad words, then others can report this.
Maybe it's not 100% ideal idea, but there is many people whose are using myBB and they don't know english - as 'destroyer' say.

Nobody can make any blockade for forums owners.
I know.. all country of the world can make international support on a own place, but this is a "members divider" and can stop grow up of MyBB

I can read in english, sometimes i've some difficulties... but i can learn. Many people can't. And simply dictionary is not too much help

edit
I forget:
some differences between american english and britisch and scotish are "hard" for foreign people
patrick_2007 Wrote:Hmm, maybe you have right. But:
1) if some foreign people want use bad words, they can do this in english as well as in a mother tongue (dictionary Smile )
2) all international threads have more than 1 member (usually), so when "somebody #1" use bad words, then others can report this.
Maybe it's not 100% ideal idea, but there is many people whose are using myBB and they don't know english - as 'destroyer' say.

Nobody can make any blockade for forums owners.
I know.. all country of the world can make international support on a own place, but this is a "members divider" and can stop grow up of MyBB

I can read in english, sometimes i've some difficulties... but i can learn. Many people can't. And simply dictionary is not too much help

When you try to speak a international spoken common language it brings you to an higher level and living standard, that's a fact.

edit
I forget:
some differences between american english and britisch and scotish are "hard" for foreign people