MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login issue with 1.8.17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So for now we turned off server caching. Bluehost is apparently using Varnish Cache which is what has been causing our issues. I'm in Europe and my husband in the US could access a cached page where I was logged in!

Is server cache something we can do without? The forum is working fine now with it turned off. We didn't even need to change anything in the .htaccess file.
(2018-08-10, 09:10 AM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]So for now we turned off server caching. Bluehost is apparently using Varnish Cache which is what has been causing our issues. I'm in Europe and my husband in the US could access a cached page where I was logged in!

Is server cache something we can do without? The forum is working fine now with it turned off. We didn't even need to chage anything in the .htaccess file.

Not really. You want to set header expiration dates on your static resources so that your visitors can cache these in their browsers - not in the fashion you were having yesterday though. It is possible to set this up correctly for MyBB - you just need to do some research on your setup.
(2018-08-10, 10:23 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-10, 09:10 AM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]So for now we turned off server caching. Bluehost is apparently using Varnish Cache which is what has been causing our issues. I'm in Europe and my husband in the US could access a cached page where I was logged in!

Is server cache something we can do without? The forum is working fine now with it turned off. We didn't even need to chage anything in the .htaccess file.

Not really. You want to set header expiration dates on your static resources so that your visitors can cache these in their browsers - not in the fashion you were having yesterday though. It is possible to set this up correctly for MyBB - you just need to do some research on your setup.

Okay, we'll look into that. Thanks for all the help, Ashley. Much appreciated!
Pages: 1 2