MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Online games CMS - is there such thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am a beginner in web development. Sorry if this question is awkward, but I can not find the right answer anywhere.

What I want to do is install a small arcade/flash games section on my website. It in wordpress.

Anyway - the website is supposed to have a small section of flash games, thats all. I tried to go through wordpress plugins to install these games:

-myarcadeplugin seemed to be the first one on the horizon - I tried installing it, none of the games worked.

Then maybe there is some other cms that could be used to include the flash games into the system?

1. I've found something called https://e107.org. It seems more user friendly, but... has anybody heard of it?

2. Or maybe you had some bad/good experience with it?

3. Or maybe some other cms?
I tried myarcade plugin in 1.6 version and it was amazing plugin, it had never failed for me in 1.6 version.
Then maybe I am doing something wrong..

I import the plugin -> Fetch games -> Publish one of them or I press "publish games" and I publish like 20 of them..
When I go into a post with publised game I can not play it anyhow..

How to actually do that?
(2018-08-10, 08:05 AM)Ramireo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I am a beginner in web development. Sorry if this question is awkward, but I can not find the right answer anywhere.

What I want to do is install a small arcade/flash games section on my website. It in wordpress.

Anyway - the website is supposed to have a small section of flash games, thats all. I tried to go through wordpress plugins to install these games:

-myarcadeplugin seemed to be the first one on the horizon - I tried installing it, none of the games worked.

Then maybe there is some other cms that could be used to include the flash games into the system?

1. I've found something called https://e107.org. It seems more user friendly, but... has anybody heard of it?

2. Or maybe you had some bad/good experience with it?

3. Or maybe some other cms?

I'm running MyBB 1.8.17 and the plugin MyArcade 1.3.1

[Image: 76033f1ef72d65aee329136e7312900a.png]

[Image: 1b52b3616e38c9abaec369dbb5106cbc.png]
The hardest problem you will have with the plugin they are suggesting, is unless you know what you're doing, you will have a very limited game selection to add. It is highly undocumented on how to set up files to upload for it to upload to the game.

My best advice is to have someone update the code for the plugin and tell you how to structure the game files for upload and expand the type of games that it can support.
(2018-08-12, 07:43 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]The hardest problem you will have with the plugin they are suggesting, is unless you know what you're doing, you will have a very limited game selection to add. It is highly undocumented on how to set up files to upload for it to upload to the game.

My best advice is to have someone update the code for the plugin and tell you how to structure the game files for upload and expand the type of games that it can support.

If it was undocumented, then how was I able to install the Arcade plugin and get it going? I've got a bunch of games going. It was easy.