MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Landing"/Static Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The idea is to have "special" landing pages. What I mean by this is, we have a "your account is banned" message, but what if we could make it unique by editing the entire look and feel of the page. So meaning, we would have a banned.html structure or twig. This will allow the site to be really customizable besides just editing a message.

My idea is to have the following pages that can be "edited":

-Banned
-Suspended (Temp Ban/Account lock)
-Error 404 (everyone loves custom 404 pages)
-Maintenance
-Redirection

In the ACP it would be a new setting called "Static Pages" and it would have each "category" to be able to point to a folder/file/image.

So when you put the site in maintenance,  instead of a basic message, you could have it direct to sitedown.html which would display instead of the generic message/layout.

Same with the banned message and when the account is locked/suspended.

This would also compliment the suggested "Add New Page" feature where we can create custom pages from the ACP. 

Plugin or core, this would help set and keep MyBB the best there is to offer feature wise.
(2018-08-12, 07:40 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]My idea is to have the following pages that can be "edited":

-Banned
-Suspended (Temp Ban/Account lock)

These would be the same template. It's a check if you're banned or not, not two queries to ascertain if you're banned or not and then how long for.

(2018-08-12, 07:40 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]-Error 404 (everyone loves custom 404 pages)

Technically possible now. Assuming a not found page is a 404 header, through .htaccess (or nginx config) you can make a custom error page.
IMO this is out of MyBB's scope (if I've understood this suggestion correctly) and just supports the idea of bloating the software.
page manager, .htaccess and template conditionals and someone more fluent in php should do it.