MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8.18 Pre-Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2018-08-21, 02:02 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Any news about 1.8.18 release? Are there any known issue or issue which must be solved? I see no reports from testing of pre-release

Wait until the official release into the "wild".

I'm sure that there will be some reports of something not working.
(2018-08-21, 02:24 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-21, 02:02 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Any news about 1.8.18 release? Are there any known issue or issue which must be solved? I see no reports from testing of pre-release

If there were any such we'd have been solved it by now. Just giving some times to run the version live in community. YES you are expressing your doubt about 1.8.18 using 1.8.18 only.

B+
(not a blood group, just telling you to be positive).
(2018-08-21, 05:07 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-21, 02:24 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

If there were any such we'd have been solved it by now. Just giving some times to run the version live in community. YES you are expressing your doubt about 1.8.18 using 1.8.18 only.

B+
(not a blood group, just telling you to be positive).

Don't worry I'm positive, but I'm also realistic, too. 

It would be great that the last "big" release of 1.8.18 is actually "error-free".

That would be a nice send off before we get into the 1.9.xx series.
Last? There is 1.8.19
There is no relation between 1.8 & 1.9. Those are different branches and are being developed in parallel.

Feature release of 1.8 is over. There will be only maintenance and security patches. All new features will be pointed towards 1.9.
(2018-08-21, 06:08 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Last? There is 1.8.19

Feature release of 1.8 is over. There will be only maintenance and security patches. All new features will be pointed towards 1.9.

Isn't that what I meant? The last "big" release of the 1.8.xx series? 

I made no reference to the maintenance/security fixes. 
I know those will still be forthcoming for the 1.8.xx series for about a year if I recall correctly.
I didn't get your "big" term, apologies. The technical term is "minor" what you meant. I am so sorry.

As per semver:
1.8.x > 2.0.0 is Major
1.8.x > 1.9.0 is Minor
1.8.x > 1.8.{x +1} (say 1.8.17 to 1.8.18) is Patch
Just to add notes.

Updated from .15 to .18 without a single error.

Also, people need to change in CSS from lockfolder to closefolder css.

We're currently just doing the last round of testing. The community forums were updated on Thursday and some small issues were spotted and fixed. We're planning to release this week.
(2018-08-21, 07:09 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't get your "big" term, apologies. The technical term is "minor" what you meant. I am so sorry.

As per semver:
1.8.x > 2.0.0 is Major
1.8.x > 1.9.0 is Minor
1.8.x > 1.8.{x +1} (say 1.8.17 to 1.8.18) is Patch

1.8.x > 1.9.0 is Minor - That's minor? 

From all of the talk lately about going from 1.8.xx series to the 1.9.xx it was a major thing.

I don't have a list of all of the changes going from 1.8.xx to 1.9.xx, but it doesn't feel minor to me. 
Hence, my reason to use the word 'big'.
It is minor, as per semver. See:

Quote:A normal version number MUST take the form X.Y.Z where X, Y, and Z are non-negative integers, and MUST NOT contain leading zeroes. X is the major version, Y is the minor version, and Z is the patch version. Each element MUST increase numerically. For instance: 1.9.0 -> 1.10.0 -> 1.11.0.

https://semver.org/#spec-item-2

MyBB is partially adapted the version system and will be following completely in future, I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3 4