MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF 1.1.21 to MyBB 1.8.17 1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SMF 1.1.21 to MyBB 1.8.17 1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'

Hello all, MyBB newbie here. Shy
  • Installed MyBB 1.8.17, no worries sweet
  • Then installed and ran Merge (latest version) for SMF 1.1
  • SMF 1.1.12 and database is on the same host.
  • Merge data base set up all good (image 1)
  • Module Selection opens, all good....
[Image: merge_01.jpg]

• When trying to bring "Users" in, I get that error...
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'Query: INSERT INTO mybb_users (`usergroup.......

Plan B... (I hope was OK to do)
  • I went to the SMF database, searched for "aim" and removed 'aim' from the smf_members
  • I edited out 'aim' the Merge SMF "users.php' file
  • Tried refreshing the Merge page, yet the 'aim' error is still showing.

[Image: merge_02.jpg]

Please help me and I'll love you long time Heart
Thank you.
Aussie Dave
As the service is withdrawn; AIM support has been dropped from MyBB since ver. 1.8.16
The merge system has not been updated inline with that.

Try deleting / commenting out line number 74 in boards/smf/users.php

$insert_data['aim'] = $data['aim'];
Hi effone,

Per my first post, I removed line number 74 in boards/smf/users.php

I hit refresh, wiped cookies, the whole thing, yet the 'aim' error remains.
  • Is there a cache flush trick to restart the install fresh?
Plan C. You gave me an idea .. I'll install an older version of MvBB that 'aim' worked in...then later upgrade that.

So the last version with 'aim' working would be 1.8.16?

Thanks.
Dave.

Update: I just ran every thing again from scratch, BUT with an older version of MyBB 1.8.12 (and current Merge)

Only non-issue was at the start, the newer Merge didn't know what version of MyBB was being installed.

100% install success. Thank Bon Jovi ... no more SMF nightmares.

Just called in sick at work.
I'm spending the day playing around with my new forum Big Grin
http://goldcoastcb.com/mybb/ (later to be moved to ../forum)

Thanks,
Dave.
FYI for anyone having this problem,

I have had the same problem while merging a vBulletin 4 site over to 1.8.19 and resolved it by adding an "aim" column to MyBB database with the same settings as in vBulletin then drop the column after the merge.
commenting out the line in boards/smf/users.php doesnt work. and i'm getting this too in smf 2.0.15 to mybb1.8.19

(2018-10-21, 03:14 PM)CoolMoon Wrote: [ -> ]FYI for anyone having this problem,

I have had the same problem while merging a vBulletin 4 site over to 1.8.19 and resolved it by adding an "aim" column to MyBB database with the same settings as in vBulletin then drop the column after the merge.

Do you have instructions on how you did this ... so it can be duplicated for other boards?
(2018-11-13, 01:43 AM)anlarye Wrote: [ -> ]commenting out the line in boards/smf/users.php doesnt work. and i'm getting this too in smf 2.0.15 to mybb1.8.19

(2018-10-21, 03:14 PM)CoolMoon Wrote: [ -> ]FYI for anyone having this problem,

Do you have instructions on how you did this ... so it can be duplicated for other boards?

You have to remove a line in this file too (line 38):
\merge\resources\modules\users.php