MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deny forum view permissions to custom group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a couple forums to sell products, their structure is

--------------------
1. Forum name (product name)
2. Subforum name (redirect to product download)
3. Subforum name (redirect to checkout page)
--------------------

When a user purchases a given product he is moved inside a custom usergroup for that product.

Registered users that aren't inside the Custom usergroup have to see subforum n.3 (they have yet to buy the product) while registered users that arealso inside the custom usergroup shouldn't (they have already purchased the product).

Unfortunately when I try to do this using forum permissions, looks like MyBB gives priority to Registered ability to view the subforum, therefore even after purchasing the given product, users do keep seeing the subforum containing a redirect to checkout page.

Is there a way to fix this?
Permissions in MyBB are additive (a user gets all permissions assigned to at least one of their groups); there is no way in core MyBB to remove a permission.
(2018-08-15, 07:34 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Permissions in MyBB are additive (a user gets all permissions assigned to at least one of their groups); there is no way in core MyBB to remove a permission.

Not even by using a custom PHP script?

I may pick additional groups and at least hide those subforums by their fids using group id.

That'd be an hassle but may work well.