MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posting problems.

Could any of the good folk here help? Suddenly, I am unable to post more than about two short paragraphs to a forum thread. Any post longer than that gets me 403 or 404 messages. All worked fine the day before. I am administrator and moderator of the forum. I’ve been through the settings without any success at all. I also, I get ‘conflict’ messages on my passwords, which go away with the same password – only to reappear next time.

Everything else seems to work just fine.

Sorry to barge in with a problem as a first post – but this has got me stumped.
(2018-08-16, 09:40 PM)Sam_Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Posting problems.

Could any of the good folk here help? Suddenly, I am unable to post more than about two short paragraphs to a forum thread. Any post longer than that gets me 403 or 404 messages. All worked fine the day before. I am administrator and moderator of the forum. I’ve been through the settings without any success at all. I also, I get ‘conflict’ messages on my plimewords, which go away with the same plimeword – only to reappear next time.

Everything else seems to work just fine.

Sorry to barge in with a problem as a first post – but this has got me stumped.

Look at this screenshot and see if you need to change anything.

[Image: 7e6126ffad3336296b8876903e236e4c.png]
Serpius - Thank you for the response – I have the ‘long’ text option selected as much of the ‘stuff’ we do is written on ‘Word’ then posted. I have never had any problems up until now. The weird part is the other moderator can post quite normally, as do the other members; no one else except myself seems to have this annoying problem. And, my i-Phone has gone all peculiar on me; but they can fix that. This is driving me just a little crazy.
(2018-08-17, 10:36 AM)Sam_Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Serpius - Thank you for the response – I have the ‘long’ text option selected as much of the ‘stuff’ we do is written on ‘Word’ then posted. I have never had any problems up until now. The weird part is the other moderator can post quite normally, as do the other members; no one else except myself seems to have this annoying problem. And, my i-Phone has gone all peculiar on me; but they can fix that. This is driving me just a little crazy.

Maybe it might be the browser you're using.

Try a different browser, in fact, try 2 different ones to verify or disprove this issue.
From the comments above it sounds like it may be what you're trying to post instead of how long it is. On another note, when setting your maximum length type you must also perform the same action in your database as MyBB doesn't do this for you. Even then, I'm unsure if reaching the maximum length would trigger such an error.