MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Next Unread Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems really useful; when you get to the end of a thread, a link that takes you to the next thread with an unread post in.

Possible?
Bump?
You can use View unread post plugin to have this feature, but you will see unread feature in the header link (counter).
(2018-08-21, 02:00 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]You can use View unread post plugin to have this feature, but you will see unread feature in the header link (counter).

I believe that plugin works fine but it generates php error, I would avoid using it untill it is fixed. ( I remember I reported that error long back)
I use "View unread post" which works great (only a minor issue for me, that I am awaiting feedback), but that is not what I am looking for (unless I am missing it!)

At the bottom of all threads, there is "Next Oldest | Next Newest" links; I would like similar, but with "Next Newest" to send to the next "unread post" in a thread

I wouldn't mind taking this opportunity to try my hand at making a plugin (never done - coding rubbish, but I know enough to at least try!); would it be possible, or would I be wasting my time?
Sure, would be possible Smile try and see, nothing difficult and many friendly users here on forum, so dont be afraid to ask Smile